Author Topic: Lamb Madras and rice  (Read 8394 times)

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Madras and rice
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 04:19 PM »
Sorry this is late Bobby.
So you sort of oven steamed it then? Excellent idea, one I hadn't thought of too. Like Cory it looks amazing that rice.

There's no oil, just one tsp of veg ghee at the start with the whole spices in the pan, gently fried for a min, in with washed rice, coated it and added the boiling water. Half cooked the rice then put the pan in the oven at 120 degrees for 15 mins.

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 05:04 PM »
Sorry this is late Bobby.
So you sort of oven steamed it then? Excellent idea, one I hadn't thought of too. Like Cory it looks amazing that rice.

That's bang on. It was CA and Gary who posts recipe's from the Rajver who put me on to this method and it's great!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Bobby I hope you are still going to be able to give us the heads up on your favourite curry houses in Edinburgh when you move buddy!

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 08:27 PM »
Thought so.....
You know there is no reason apart from the frying in oils that it couldn't be done in a rice maker.  ;D

Every time I look at this rice image my mouth goes YUM!

That's bang on. It was CA and Gary who posts recipe's from the Rajver who put me on to this method and it's great!

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26 PM »
That looks beautiful  :o It's the kind of madras i hope to be served in a restaurant - just meat and dark spicy sauce. It puts me off when they're lightly coloured or not oily enough.
Madras works really well for variety too. You know when you're doing a curry night and you dont want people thinking the curries are too similar to each other?
When doing a curry night i always do a madras and a korma because they're so different . Then i do a dansak or pathia or jeera.

Rice looks bang on too!

©2024 Curry Recipes