Author Topic: Breads in a bread maker  (Read 1878 times)

Offline andy_j

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Breads in a bread maker
« on: December 26, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Hi guys.   We're having about 12 friends + kids over for a curry day this monday.   Everyone is bringing one home made curry and i shall be doing a couple plus rice and sundries.

I was also given a new breadmaker for crimbo and was toying with the idea of making some naan bread using the machine.   Has anyone done it ?....is it possible ?   

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a recipe...especially for flavoured naans (Peshwari being my favourite).

Oh....just to make it fun, i've never made any type of bread before  ::) and never used a bread maker  ;D

Thanks a million in advance

Andy

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Breads in a bread maker
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 08:33 PM »
You mean the type that has a key in the bottom that flings the dough around a set intervals?
I have one. (Ancient). I've had some good results however. Just use the 'Dough' Option but remember to not let it warm. Take it out and let it rest, don't let it sit there warming.

That's to help the yeast form but you truly don't need that.

When getting the dough out just let it sit in a bowl moistened with a little oil.
It's not the best way but it does work.

Hope this helps?

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Breads in a bread maker
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 02:32 AM »
Are you enquiring about making the actual cooked naan in a bread making machine Andy?  Or just kneading the dough?

If it's the former, I think the answer is a definite "no" (unless I'm not appreciating how a bread making machine works?).

Naan recipes (and cooking methods) can be found here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=87.0

©2024 Curry Recipes