Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2006 times)

Offline yeahdisk

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:45 PM »
Hi

I joined today after searching google for 'Curry Bases' - I've always fancied cooking some 'proper' restaurant style curries and figured I might give it a go

I've made a batch of darth's base today (using a third of the recipe; how on earth do you guys have pans big enough to use 15 onions in one go?) and have frozen it up in batchs.

I used a small portion of the base while it was warm to cook a chicken madras based on that recipe and, whilst I didn't have any fenugreek leaves, it was *by far* the best curry I've cooked at home. 

My fav restaurant curry is a Saag I (i always ask for it extra hot from my local) or perhaps a hot balti, so I hope to do one of those next.

My fav curry houses are the Bengal Spice in Long Eaton (Derbys), or what used to be the Raj in Reading (think it is now called something else).  Fav takeaway is the Saagar (Sawley. Derbys).

Anyway, this website seems awesome.  Cheers.

Offline currymonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I've made a batch of darth's base today (using a third of the recipe; how on earth do you guys have pans big enough to use 15 onions in one go?) and have frozen it up in batchs.

Hi yeahdisk, welcome to CR0. IMHO you'll need a pan of minimum 5 liters for most of the curry bases on here.

CM

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 04:19 AM »
whilst I didn't have any fenugreek leaves

Get some fenugreek leaves, also known as "methi"

For me its a key ingredient in matching the curry house taste for Madras.

©2024 Curry Recipes