Author Topic: Haloon Seeds  (Read 11786 times)

Offline FFCcottage

• Chef
    • View Profile
Haloon Seeds
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:34 AM »
Well I don't know anything about these seeds either ??? they are a brown/orange colour,
there is a recipe on the back of the packet called "Murgh Banjara Hyderbadi" (A chicken recipe from the South of India)
I haven't tried the recipe yet, but i've been unable to find out anything about these seeds.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Haloon Seeds
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Never heard of them...sorry  :)

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:59 AM »
Halon seeds are Aserio. Basically an aniseed.

You probably have a recipe already but a Lamb version is here:
http://food.sulekha.com/gohst-banjara-id3569-32107-recipe.htm

Hope this helps.  ;D

Offline FFCcottage

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Halon seeds are Aserio. Basically an aniseed.

You probably have a recipe already but a Lamb version is here:
http://food.sulekha.com/gohst-banjara-id3569-32107-recipe.htm

Hope this helps.  ;D

Cheers mate, I'm going to give the recipe a go sometime soon ;)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 10:41 PM »
You've gone crazy about seeds FFC, you must be some sort of haloonatic!   ;D

The name of the recipe caught my eye though, "Murgh Banjara Hyderbadi". It's the banjara I'm interested in. Can you post the recipe please?

Offline FFCcottage

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 12:13 PM »
You've gone crazy about seeds FFC, you must be some sort of haloonatic!   ;D

The name of the recipe caught my eye though, "Murgh Banjara Hyderbadi". It's the banjara I'm interested in. Can you post the recipe please?

This is what's on back of packet.
Murgh Banjara Hyderbadi

Heat 50ml oil in pan. Fry 2 chopped onions until golden brown. Add 5tsp minced garlic and 1tsp minced ginger. Mix well and fry for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add 2tsp garam masala, 1tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2tsp Charmagz and 4 black cardamoms. Cook until you get the aromas of the spices. Add 2 tbsp cashew nut paste, salt to taste and 1 cup of milk. Add 1kg of chicken drumsticks. Cook on low heat until the chicken is tender and cooked. Sprinkle 1tsp Haloon seeds and cover immediately. serve garnished with split cashews.

I haven't tried it yet myself, what is Charmagz?. I'm not really a lover of chicken drumsticks, so will have to swap that bit.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15 PM »
"Haloon seeds" and "Charmagz", FFCottage?  You're 'avin' a laff mate, surely?  :-\

They sound like FFC fulls backs to me!  ;D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 01:18 PM »
"Char Magaz is a combination of four seeds/nuts: Almonds, Pumpkin seeds, Cantaloupe Seeds and Water melon seeds

Literally translated: Char means 4, and Magaz means intelligence. This is believed that ingestion of this combination results in brain development and rejuvenation"

What is it you're trying to do/make FFCottage?  :-\

Offline FFCcottage

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 02:16 PM »
"Char Magaz is a combination of four seeds/nuts: Almonds, Pumpkin seeds, Cantaloupe Seeds and Water melon seeds

Literally translated: Char means 4, and Magaz means intelligence. This is believed that ingestion of this combination results in brain development and rejuvenation"

What is it you're trying to do/make FFCottage?  :-\

LOL I'm trying to make nothing, "Secret Santa" wanted the recipe that was on the back of my Haloon Seeds packet. But now you have told me what Charmagz is, I think I had better make the recipe myself, I need some "brain development and rejuvenation" ;D

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 02:59 PM »
This is what's on back of packet.
Murgh Banjara Hyderbadi

Heat 50ml oil in pan. Fry 2 chopped onions until golden brown. Add 5tsp minced garlic and 1tsp minced ginger. Mix well and fry for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add 2tsp garam masala, 1tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2tsp Charmagz and 4 black cardamoms. Cook until you get the aromas of the spices. Add 2 tbsp cashew nut paste, salt to taste and 1 cup of milk. Add 1kg of chicken drumsticks. Cook on low heat until the chicken is tender and cooked. Sprinkle 1tsp Haloon seeds and cover immediately. serve garnished with split cashews.

Sounds like a good recipe to me! Like the fact they've used milk with all the nuts and seeds and the garlic ginger ratio looks good.

©2024 Curry Recipes