Author Topic: Mick's/Taz's Curry Base Gravy  (Read 119861 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Mick's/Taz's Curry Base Gravy
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2011, 08:46 PM »
quote from BAMBI said by Thumper "if you don't have anything good to say don't say nothing at all!"
kind regards
gary

Thank you Gary.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Just found this :o

Yup is a generic term of agreement issued often by a non-listening party, typically used while performing an additional important task, such as watching tv.

If you are the yupper, by yupping someone, you are not bound in any sense by your agreement, since you didn't hear what it was you were agreeing to. If you are later asked to perform the task, you then have the option to admit that you had yupped the person and ignore the task, or pretend that you had really listened & just go along with the yuppee.

If you are the yuppee, and you recognize that you are being yupped, you can call the yupper's actions & state "you're yupping me" or "I'm being yupped", whereupon the yupper may admit the yupping action and feel mild embarrassment, but there will be no permanent damage.

yupping, being yupped, yupper, yuppee are all derived from the root 'yup'

Woman: Oh I got some great shoes at the mall, do you like them dear?
Man (watching tv): yup
Woman: so we're going to go back later, are you coming with us?
Man (watching tv): : yup
*2 hours later*
Woman: ok, let's go
Man: where?
Woman: to the mall? you said you'd come with me later?
Man - option 1: oh, I was just yupping you, I'm staying here
Man - option 2: yea that's right, let me grab my coat

WHAT A LOAD OF OLD TWODDLE!

Yup, yeah, aye, all fine by me.  All those in agreement, say YUP

Rayup ;D

Cheers Ray.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Quote from: Curry Barking Mad link=topic=4163.msg55406#msg55406
I know in my heart of hearts I should just leave this alone now and virtually walk away shaking my head in disbelief [b
but[/b]...
even though you can't find anything to support your point you still attack another member as arrogant, dismissive, high and mighty.  :o or is there another agenda?

Mick I appreciate you not walking away from this and while I don't know if there is another agenda I did report George's post to the moderator - but wait a minute isn't he a moderator now? So maybe I am reporting him to him! If I get a reply he will have exceeded his role for sure?

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2011, 08:55 PM »
I'll be happy to delete all the 'yup' related posts if all the contributors indicate their agreement.

Excuse me but what gives you the right to delete posts with "Yup" in it? Your role was to weed out spam was it not? Let me state quite clearly you do not have my permission to do so, not least because you are the only person who seems to have found it offensive. If I didn't know you were serious I'd be having a laugh like solarsplace. My god what must Naith be thinking about this forum.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2011, 09:00 PM »
I just looked up definitions and can't find anything beyond confirmation that yup = yes. I still reckon it's used mainly by people with the above traits

hahaha

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2011, 09:02 PM »
I don't think the word 'yes' features in wedding vows but if it did, I'm sure the congregation would feel anyone using slang like 'yup' and 'yep' wasn't being sufficiently serious, with a touch of contempt. Maybe a jury would look down on, say, a police officer or anyone who used those words as a witness in court. Or perhaps I'd be eliminated from a Jury if lawyers realised the type of person I am.

hahahahahaha

Good job me and Naith aren't getting married then.

I think the jury's well and truly out.

;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2011, 09:07 PM »
[quote author=Phil (Chaa006) link=topic=4163.msg55405#msg55405
I think the statistics are against you, George.  I can think of only one person on this forum who could reasonably be described as being arrogant, dismissive, high and mighty, and as far as I can tell, that person has never once used the word "yup" other than when citing the words of others.

** Phil.
[/quote]

I have saved the best to last and can only respond

hear hear!

Thanks Phil.

Offline Naith

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Excuse me but what gives you the right to delete posts with "Yup" in it? Your role was to weed out spam was it not? Let me state quite clearly you do not have my permission to do so, not least because you are the only person who seems to have found it offensive. If I didn't know you were serious I'd be having a laugh like solarsplace. My god what must Naith be thinking about this forum.

Hi guys
I've just checked to see if anyone answered my question and was astonished to find 2 new pages!!!  Then I read the new posts and almost felt guilty ;D (and I thought it was just in the Middle East where there's tension...)

Honestly, I didn't take any offense at all from Stephen's reply at all. I appreciated his input. To me if someone uses "Yep", "Yeah", "Sure" or whatever, I don't mind - as long as my question is answered I'll be happy  :)

So, I'm going to work through the 'Madras 2011' thread (30 pages - man alive!) to be sure of the exact amount of ground spices to use. I warn you all - please expect lots more questions as I'm a 'newbie' in the world of curry (just make sure your replies don't include the word "Yep"  ;D) 

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2011, 09:22 PM »
No worries Naith and I'm sorry that my innocuous reply to your question has attracted so much attention. I'm glad you did not feel offended and your confirmation of this does suggest that my reply was appropriate.

In any case, you will most certainly find that there's a lot of friendly members (in the main) who will happily do curry chat so ask away.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2011, 09:23 PM »
Honestly, I didn't take any offense at all from Stephen's reply at all. I appreciated his input.

This is for you George.

©2024 Curry Recipes