Author Topic: Pride Of Bengal , Bredbury Stockport , SK6 1AS  (Read 5325 times)

Offline foxyman

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Pride Of Bengal , Bredbury Stockport , SK6 1AS
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:59 AM »
The worst curry I've ever tasted . Oily luke warm when served. Bad Tummy trouble for a week. No wonder its always empty when I pass through

Pride Of Bengal

2 George Lane
Bredbury
Stockport
Cheshire
SK6 1AS

Tel:  0161 406 6451

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pride Of Bengal , Bredbury Stockport , SK6 1AS
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 08:54 AM »
What was your meal?

Offline hammyhar

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:17 PM »
I have been in there a few times, not the best in the world but was ok but last time i visited, the meal was cold and was very bland. Also two hairs found in the meal by two other members of my party. not been back since

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:05 PM »
You were sick for a week? Sounds like it probably wasn't the food then.
Whenever i've had food poisoning the longest it's lasted was 2 days i think. Maybe 3.
I'm sceptical with this post as there's no explanation, no answer to haldi's question and then another new member picks up where he left off. You also contradict yourself hammyhar.
Smells like negative advertising to me.

This is his only other post:
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4154.msg37603#msg37603

Offline michaelpratt

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Agreed. Almost feel like eating there just to prove this kind of nonsense backfires.

Offline currymonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 07:11 PM »
You were sick for a week? Sounds like it probably wasn't the food then.
Whenever i've had food poisoning the longest it's lasted was 2 days i think. Maybe 3.
I'm sceptical with this post as there's no explanation, no answer to haldi's question and then another new member picks up where he left off. You also contradict yourself hammyhar.
Smells like negative advertising to me.

This is his only other post:
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4154.msg37603#msg37603

I disagree Chinois. I had confirmed food poisoning last year (campylobacter) and it was still going strong after 2 weeks until the doctor finally treated it with drugs.

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:00 AM »
I had confirmed food poisoning last year (campylobacter) and it was still going strong after 2 weeks until the doctor finally treated it with drugs.
Yikes that sounds bad! Ok fair enough, my experiences dont seem to have covered all types of food poisoning.
The last one i had was from undercooked chicken on the bbq. The stupid thing was i knew it wasnt cooked and was telling people to avoid it. I thought i'd try it out and see what happened  ::)

Offline currymonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 04:57 AM »
I had confirmed food poisoning last year (campylobacter) and it was still going strong after 2 weeks until the doctor finally treated it with drugs.
Yikes that sounds bad! Ok fair enough, my experiences dont seem to have covered all types of food poisoning.
The last one i had was from undercooked chicken on the bbq. The stupid thing was i knew it wasnt cooked and was telling people to avoid it. I thought i'd try it out and see what happened  ::)

Lets just say its not an experience I ever want to repeat ;) I got it from a perfectly normal looking and tasting kebab.

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 10:44 AM »
The problem with germs of course is that you can't see or taste them and you are just as likely to pick up food poisoning from your own cooking as from eating out, in fact probably more so.
How many people know how to stock their fridge, for instance, or have work tops that would pass an 'elf 'n safety check (mine sure wouldn't) and don't get me started on bloody microwaves, these things have got to be responsible for more food poisoning than everything else put together simply because people don't use them properly.
Simple point being, don't always point the finger at last nights kebab just 'cos you are feeling a bit iffy, go have a good look in the kitchen and invest in a couple of thermometers, one for the fridge and another for the microwave!

Cheers
CoR 

©2024 Curry Recipes