Author Topic: Highly Recommended Restaurants in Glasgow - by Gazman1976  (Read 8792 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Highly Recommended Restaurants in Glasgow - by Gazman1976
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Posted by Gazman1976 and moved to here by CA

, good places to eat are

Cafe India - 0141 552 5115
29 Albion Street
Glasgow
G1 1LH

used to be in north street in Glasgow before it got burned down ( insurance job ) all the stars used to eat in there, food is still great

Indian Orchard - 0141 357 5624
315, Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow

cheap and cheerful but the food is fab

Killermont Polo
0141 946 5412| 2022, Maryhill Rd, Glasgow

Taj Takeaway
West Bridgend
Dumbarton

i live above this takeaway - moved here 5 months ago , his madras sauce is one of the best i have ever tasted apart from cafe india when it used to be on north street in Glasgow - i am going to ask him to show me how to make it as i will be moving again soon

not been to killermont in a few yrs but very nice and quite posh for an indian restaurant

Reply by DerekDhansak

living above a bir would mean i would live of the stuff. i would become gigantic, and poor, tee hee

Reply by Gazman

thats why i am in the gym 5 times a week lmao, his sauce is so addictive !!! i am pooping down in a few mins to pick sum up ( Yum Yum )

my new takeaway has a new menu ( not released yet ) he is getting me to test it for him lol, its amazing, just tried 4 diff dishes, he says its authentic indian food which they eat at home in india, obviously all parts of india are diff , i admit the food is fab , cant wait till he shows me his madras sauce !!! hands up who wants the recipe when i get it ???

Reply by Domi

i am pooping down in a few mins to pick sum up ( Yum Yum )

Sounds like you'd best get a cork while you're out lol but don't let too much pressure build up or you could backfire and kill someone........

Reply by DerekDhansak

make sure that cork is a tough one !

Reply by Gazman

Popping * lol

Offline Gazelle

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Highly Recommended Restaurants in Glasgow - by Gazman1976
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:47 AM »
Cafe India is the one exclusive restaurant that I've ever visited. I really missed the food that they served to me as well as the performance of their services. In this upcoming vacation, I decided to visit again this particular restaurant.

Offline PM

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Try Mother India in Westminster Terrace in Glasgow - big thumbs up from me!

Offline spudtator

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:33 AM »
Thought I'd stick in my tuppence worth.
Mother India's Cafe, across the road from the Kelvingrove Art Gallery. Superb Thali (tapas) dining. When my brother comes up from down south, it's first on his list for a visit.
Either of the 3 Wee Curry Shops. My favourite is the one at Cowcaddens. Very small and intimate with an open kitchen. Freshly cooked pakoras. None of your 'heated up in a microwave' rubbish. Constantly changing menu with limited dishes which I like. Do a few dishes and do them well.

If you're in the area, try them out.

Cheers, spud

Offline etavirp

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:51 PM »
The Dhabba in Candleriggs is amazing. Its a North Indian restaurant and its ister South Indian The Dahkin is just down the street. The Tandoored dishes are the best i've ever tried.

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:03 PM »
Indian Orchard-Partick..superb food at reasonable cost considering your in the "west end" lol
Neelim-Scotstoun.used to be great.was there last week.went downhill.maybe a bad night in the kitchen.
tried many others.too numerous to mention.
the best i've tried was the Alhambra in Scotstoun.no longer in existence.last time i ate there was when i was 12..im 43 now.lol...my first ever indian curry experience :)  the joys of rememberance

Offline TheValveDoctor

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

I don't agree with the Cafe/Mother India opinions at all really, and as for Dhabba being authentic . . The best Indian food you'll get in Glasgow is likely to be found at one of Balbir's restaurants - Balbirs on Church St in the West end, The Tiffin Rooms on Sauchiehall St and the Saffron Lounge on the South Side. The food is always fresh, and the chefs don't use ghee and minimal amounts of fat in their dishes. Subsequently, most of the dishes are 'drier' than the usual 'soup with a few bit of meat floating in it' offerings! If you want authentic, try Urban Pind - next door to Dhabba!

Cheers Guys,
TVD

Offline sosa

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 08:46 PM »
Been to all of the above and NONE compare to the Anarkali Restaurant in Victoria Rd, Glasgow. Without doubt Glasgow's Finest Indian.

Offline iainmcleod21

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 05:05 PM »
Anarkali Restaurant is good but the Village gets my vote for Glasgow's best in Tradeston, south side. Always a good sign if you see both Indian and Pakistani folk also eating there.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 06:48 PM »
The Village is next on my list After i've tried The New Karahi Palace just up the road.  :)

http://curry-heute.com/?p=17029

©2024 Curry Recipes