Author Topic: East Takeaway Live Webcam  (Read 5935 times)

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
East Takeaway Live Webcam
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Hi Guys

Has anyone seen this one?

Its live 6 days a week

Click on this link below, click on webcam button, when it opens up then right click on the stream and click go to fullscreen.

You can really watch it all really closeup!

I also note they take orders live over the internet, so if anyone was living nearby a curry of your choice could be ordered and then watch specific ingredients being used?

Also their website says locals are welcome into the kitchen to watch their meals being cooked first hand!

Surely we must have a member somewhere nearby?  :o

Heres the Link below

www.easttakeaway.co.uk

SORRY GUYS THIS LINK DOESNT SEEM TO WANT TO WORK SOMETIMES, SO IF NOT, JUST TYPE THE SAME ADDRESS INTO GOOGLE AND ACCESS IT DIRECT FROM THERE

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:27 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: EAST TAKEAWAY LIVE WEBCAM
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Nice find artistpaul!

Any members in the Ashton area?

The "healthy eating" stuff makes me hesitate a little, but the menu looks pretty standard.

Madras with lemon juice... whaddya know.

I will check out the video when its live. (Closed at 10pm)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:32 AM »
You can really watch it all really closeup!

this is the cam Secret Santa identified a few weeks ago.

i will have another look but i did not feel the detail was much help.

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 06:38 PM »
You're right Jerry, its tough to see what's going on.

They are clearly using fresh oil to cook with.

Also noticed one chef walk up with a tray of precooked chicken, and sprinkle sugar all over it. It couldn't have been salt given how much he put. The pot on the top left.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Hi guy's,

Yes, I live in Ashton-under-Lyne.  I'm afraid that I have had a take away delivered from East, and it wasn't the best!  Never ordered anything online from them so I didn't see them making my dish.

I did, however, watch the webcam earlier this evening at around 6:00-6:30 when they was making their base.  The usual, onions (lots), tomatoes, red & green peppers.  The really strange thing was they started this off with just oil and really giving it a good stir.  This went on for a good 15mins.  Then they added various spices which was hard to identify because of the webcam quality.  Continued to stir, added tomatoe paste, stirred some more.  Again, this went on for about 10 mins.  Then they added the water.  Dunno how long they boiled it for because my internet went down but Im guessing it was until everything went soft. 

It would have been interesting to see if they added anything more before blending!

Watching them making their curries didn't reveal any revelations.  All pretty standard techniques.  Oil, garlic, spices, meat, base, more base and more base, all in that order.  No reclaimed oil, no onion paste (bunjara) no "secret" ingrdients!  All cooked on very high heat.  Maybe that's the secret ingredient???

It's definately worth a watch, albeit that the food is nothing more than standard.  My problem is, we have got some great curry houses in Manchester especially in Rusholme on the famous curry mile

Ray

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 09:56 PM »
I was watching at the same time as you Razor and i dont think what they threw in the pot at the begining was oil, i think it was taken from another pot of stock, there was way too much of it for oil and also it was bright yellow, which is the colour of stock, ghee too but i still think there was too much of it for that.

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 10:50 PM »
I'm afraid that I have had a take away delivered from East, and it wasn't the best!

No surprise, looking at the website they boast lower fat, lower salt, and no artificial flavours like MSG.

So to hear they have lower taste is not surprising.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Hi Peterandjen,

Yeah, you could be right, it may wall have been stock.  I dont think that it was ghee as the ghee pot was above the hob to the left I think,  I didn't notice them take anything out of it!  Did it suprise you how dry they was cooking it at first?  It was almost a fry then boil method.  Nothing unusual in that in itself but I usually boil the onions, carrots peppers in one pot, whilst Im making a tarka of garlic, ginger and spices in another pan.  Once both are fully cooked, I add the tarka to the pot and blitz like mad.  I always thought that this was standard to making a base?

Anyway, the foods not that great which might be explained by their strange methods.

Joshallen2k,  your right, they do boast a healthy menu but looking at the feed, every dish contained at least 1 1/2 chef's spoons of oil, and I did see them using plenty of salt, so Im not sure how they can claim a "healthy" menu!

Ray

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: East Takeaway Live Webcam
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Guys,

go to the webcam now, and watch the chef in action.  My god, he's got a production line going on.  Very very impressive.

Ray :o

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: East Takeaway Live Webcam
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Sorry to give a running commentary but I think they're about to make their base.  Might be worth a watch.

Ray :)

©2024 Curry Recipes