Author Topic: New Member - Bassman1946  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
New Member - Bassman1946
« on: February 05, 2010, 10:21 AM »
Hi all,
This is my first post and untill I get some more experience I doubt I will do much posting. I just wanted to say that like Will, I remember with joy the days of the Vesta curry (we thought they were the dogs doo dahs didn't we?) and unless you were a chef our choice of flavourings to obtain a curry kick were confined to pretty rubbish curry powder which we threw into a stew and called it curry! It's only in recent years that I've had the courage to try to emulate the curry restaurant taste using recipes found on the internet but with only a modicum of success. Mostly very hit and miss affairs but occasionally it sort of worked. However, finding this site has been a revelation and will help me emormously to get to grips with the basics, (the important bit in my view). I've already made a batch of curry base, some of which is in small quantities in the freezer and I used a batch last week for a chicken Jalfrezi. The recipe I used was actually a mix of several on this site based on the ingredients I had, so I can't credit any one person I'm afraid, but I (and my doubting wife) have been completely amazed at how good it was. So I look forward to this evening when I shall be trying a Chicken Madras (not sure who's recipe I shall use yet as the choice is huge!) and many more types of curry, hopefully perfecting my technique over time.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Member - Bassman1946
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum bassman1946  8)

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New Member - Bassman1946
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Hi Bassman1946.  ;) welcome. Vesta curry in a box, I remember it well. The good old days (ish) Thankfully we have come a long way since then.

Regards..mike  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes