Author Topic: Lime pickle chutney?  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Lime pickle chutney?
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Hi Guy's,

Anyone got a good recipe for lime pickle chutney, or is to much hassle and easier to buy?

Ray

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Lime pickle chutney?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Razor

I have recipes for several chutneys, all of which in my opinion are not cost effective, but if you want me to post I will do so.

Steve L

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Hi Steve,

yeah that's what I suspected (not cost effective)  Lime pickle is what Im specifically looking for though.  If you have a recipe for that, I'd love to try it out

Thanks,

Ray

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:50 PM »
purely as an aside, Cyrus Todiwala is going to be releasing his own brand of chutneys and pickles soon....another thing to add to me lists lol

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 03:40 PM »
I can recommend making chutney, it's really easy! Everything goes in the frying pan and simmers. Season and the job's done.

You're right that it's sometimes not as cheap as buying it but that shouldnt be the only factor should it? Curries are the cheapest takeaways you can buy so i'm sure we're not all here just to save money.
As for lime pickle, i'm not a fan and i have no idea how to make it as it's bewilderingly strong. Just make sure the recipe comes from someone's who's actually made it and not someone who's 'helpfully' googled an untried recipe  :o

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Cheers Chinois,

Good advice.  It is quite strong but awesome on pops.  I first tried it about 25 yrs ago and thought, "how the hell can anyone eat this stuff".  Tried it again last year and wouldn't have anything else on me popadom's now.  Funny how your taste buds change over the years!

Ray

©2024 Curry Recipes