Author Topic: New Curry Member  (Read 1939 times)

Offline TheGhandi

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
New Curry Member
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:20 PM »
Hi All, A short note to introduce myself.
 I have been a curry lover for longer than I care to remember, and for the last 15 yrs Vindaloos only with the odd Patia thrown in for a change.
I am a sales rep covering mainly the East Midlands so try different curry houses when I am out and have time at lunch ( not very often ) and 2 a week from our local in Skegness.
 I bumped into a friend at the squash club who told me of this site and that I need to get back into cooking my own again, ( I had a spell with The Curry Secret ) many years ago. I have been reading the posts for the last few days and I must say I am inspired at the dedication and attention to detail of all I have read.
I popped into a Indian store in Manchester to have a look around last Saturday and at least I'l be ok for supplies as I travel there every Saturday.
 As soon as I am up and cooking I will return posts of all that I learn.
Rgds Paul
 ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Curry Member
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Hi Ghandi,

Whereabouts is the store that you goto in Manchester?

By the way, this is an awesome site and you'll be as addicted to this as you are to curries ;D

As a recommendation, have a look at Cory Anders recipes, very clear and easy to follow.

Ray

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:18 PM »
Hi Paul  ;) and welcome. Looking forward to hearing how you get on so keep us posted chap. Happy cooking.

Regards... mike.  ;D

Offline TheGhandi

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Razor,
I remember it being called Meezan or something simalar, its in Wimslow road on the right just down from the Uni's on Oxford Rd. Its a supermarket but only Indian supplies  and real cheap.When I was looking around I was the only english person in there and every one else was Indian ish and doing their weekly shop. They have cooking pans etc as well but just over the road there is a big hardware store with everything anyone would ever need to cook Indian or probably any other food.
I'm going for another look today and get a few supplies after I've got a basic starters shopping list together based on some of the posts on here.
If you need me to look for something spercific for you let me know as I can always have a look and they may do mail order ?

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:56 AM »
I am a sales rep - when I am out and have time at lunch ( not very often )

i've known a few sales rep's and we know a porky when we see one.

all the best on the curry front.

jerry

©2024 Curry Recipes