Author Topic: dipuraja1 - BIR chef on Youtube  (Read 14432 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: dipuraja1 - BIR chef on Youtube
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 11:28 AM »
The "korma" video seems to be stuffed up (regarding the narrative)...try one of the others......

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 12:19 PM »
its weird but the chef at my local told me a similar recipe to pre cook chicken restarant style, however it tasted nothing like the delicious chicken actually sold to me over the last 2 years. I would be interested to hear how members get on with this recipe for pre cooked chicken.

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 12:50 PM »
I'm really happy people are stepping up to the plate and delivering videos these days. A picture can be of anything. In fact I was going to create a red water and oil concoction with some package filling to prove it some time back.

It's not about just one video, it is about all of them and finding consistencies within them that really matter. I'm not knocking folks who provide great images, it's just that watching it happen tells about 80% of the whole story.

More please.

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 03:28 PM »
The "korma" video seems to be stuffed up (regarding the narrative)...try one of the others......

thanks CA

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Iwas excited to see his naan but looks crap :'(

Ill ave a go at his recipe in my new oven.

ill report back.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 07:20 PM »
there's a lot in there than u can relate to but it just does not seem to hang together to me.

the chappy seems real good but u feel he's sort of being forced into doing the vid.

the uncooked naan and the imitation pot for the Indian gravy are the sort of things making me nervous plus the pizza oven.

ps Secret Santa - yep got a good shot of the cream - i submit - i just need to expand my search for those carboard 1L cartons of the stuff.

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Oh dear.  :-\
Despite there being now some four videos on line that support both precooking and the Korma this poor lad is shunned too. Yes it does look a little like a terrorist video with someone on trial but we are all not TV or film stars are we? Where are YOUR VIDEOS people?

I found it interesting. It now collates with other things I was not that sure of before. 

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Mikka,

was not wanting to poo poo the video for sure - it's very good.

i just remain a tad sceptical - why show the plastic tub of base when i'm sure that's not what they use to cook on a night from.

it just looked a little staged that was all. yes watch it but don't necessarily take everthing as gospel - i'm sure everyone appreciates that fact in anycase.

it just looked as if he had lost a bet and had to do the video.

i've only seen BIR cook naan in tandoor - just got me a bit puzzled as so much seem spot on yet a few humdingers seemed to ring in.

the newspaper under the burners for me gives away it's credentials as a pucka place for sure.

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Ahh that yes...
No I missed that.
One place I used to frequent had a video showing just the same thing but you have to take into account this was obviously 'out of hours' too. Mess and all that. Not saying anything other than it collates in a lot of areas for me really regardless of whether his pot was real or hot? Could have been paint for all we know couldn't it. Hmmmm  ;D

the newspaper under the burners for me gives away it's credentials as a pucka place for sure.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 07:07 AM »
Not saying anything other than it collates in a lot of areas for me really regardless of whether his pot was real or hot

does so for me too Mikka. the 1 hr on the SR dough once the liquid has gone in - is for me another credential of someone who is in the know.

©2024 Curry Recipes