Author Topic: Chilli growing time!  (Read 68011 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chilli growing time!
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44 AM »
Cool Les,

Thanks for that :)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Cool Les,

Thanks for that :)

Your welcome,
Forgot to mention........can be a bit fiddly as well at times, ;)
We had to do it for a whole day, and it really got on my tit's >:(

Les

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 10:16 AM »
I wonder if that would work for Spouses?

I guess if they sunk you could always leave them there!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 11:19 AM »

Mine floats.....She has her own water wings ;D Bless er

Les

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 12:35 PM »
Why am I struggling getting through to some of you :o
My last effort :o
F1 seeds are Hybrids and will not reproduce viable seeds but will germinate like all seeds
Look in a seed shop or garden centre at the seeds some seeds will have F1 on the tops they will give the result of same parents but the seeds collected will be sterile( like jaffa or mules) after that any more doubts google it
Some of these hybrids are used commercially for chillies etc the seeds are useless when you harvest your own
Quite right about seeds floating or not some seeds are duds

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 12:39 PM »

Les

This used to be used as a way of checking for witches, if they managed to stay afloat they were witches and executed but if they sunk and drowned they weren't :-\

Same result either way :(

W

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 02:55 PM »
Hi Noble ox

Thanks for your advice (and everyone elses), appreciated.
I've planted some seeds from my frozen chillis, and I've also ordered some from the ebay seller I mentioned too.

In the end I ordered -

THAI HOT CULINARY - 60 SEEDS
A compact variety ideal for containers producing plants with attractive upright clusters of slender 3? long, hot, intensely flavoured fruits.  Best grown under glass, but can be moved outside to a very warm sheltered location during a good summer.

FRESNO - 100 FINEST SEEDS
One of the best known varieties sold whole in shops, with a mild/hot flavour producing heavy crops of  3" long conical fruits which can be used green or when ripening to red. The plant has green stems, dark green leaves, and white flowers growing to 30?. Disease Resistant: Tobacco Mosiac.

POINSETTIA - 60 FINEST SEEDS
A stunning very ornamental edible pepper named due to its similarity to the popular Xmas plant.  The 3? long ?? long hot hooked fruits ripen to an attractive red and are born in great abundance and top the plant as they grow upwards in large clumps. Ideally suited for container and indoor cultivation growing to a maximum of 24?. Matures 90+ days from germination.

SANTA FE GRANDE - 100 SEEDS
Hot conical blunt-tipped waxed fruits, 1?" wide by 3?" long with medium thick walls are produced on sturdy 24" tall plants.  Continuous heavy yields.   Ripens from yellow to orange to red. 75-80 days from transplant.

Not too bad for ?4.55 posted.

Now I've got to clear out some space, to grow them indoors, and find somewhere to put the pots of them in the garden in the summer.

Oh and, Tom feed is fine to feed them at flowering stage isn't it?

Cheers
Martin

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 03:27 PM »

Hi Noble ox

Thanks for your advice (and everyone elses), appreciated.
I've planted some seeds from my frozen chillis, and I've also ordered some from the ebay seller I mentioned too.

In the end I ordered -

THAI HOT CULINARY - 60 SEEDS
A compact variety ideal for containers producing plants with attractive upright clusters of slender 3? long, hot, intensely flavoured fruits.  Best grown under glass, but can be moved outside to a very warm sheltered location during a good summer.

FRESNO - 100 FINEST SEEDS
One of the best known varieties sold whole in shops, with a mild/hot flavour producing heavy crops of  3" long conical fruits which can be used green or when ripening to red. The plant has green stems, dark green leaves, and white flowers growing to 30?. Disease Resistant: Tobacco Mosiac.

POINSETTIA - 60 FINEST SEEDS
A stunning very ornamental edible pepper named due to its similarity to the popular Xmas plant.  The 3? long ?? long hot hooked fruits ripen to an attractive red and are born in great abundance and top the plant as they grow upwards in large clumps. Ideally suited for container and indoor cultivation growing to a maximum of 24?. Matures 90+ days from germination.

SANTA FE GRANDE - 100 SEEDS
Hot conical blunt-tipped waxed fruits, 1?" wide by 3?" long with medium thick walls are produced on sturdy 24" tall plants.  Continuous heavy yields.   Ripens from yellow to orange to red. 75-80 days from transplant.

Not too bad for ?4.55 posted.

Now I've got to clear out some space, to grow them indoors, and find somewhere to put the pots of them in the garden in the summer.

Oh and, Tom feed is fine to feed them at flowering stage isn't it?

Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin
Yes feed as tomatoes and enjoy watching them grow
When I have too many even after freezing I cut the stem ends off leaving the seeds inside then sink them in distilled vinegar in jars and eat them through the wintertime 

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 03:29 PM »
Hi Martinvic,

If you don't have a lot of floor space then they grow equally well in hanging baskets :)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Les

This used to be used as a way of checking for witches, if they managed to stay afloat they were witches and executed but if they sunk and drowned they weren't :-\

Same result either way :(

W

Bring back the old laws!!! lol :)

©2024 Curry Recipes