Author Topic: Dipuraja's Mushroom (Fried) Rice  (Read 10753 times)

Offline GulfExpat

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Mushroom (Fried) Rice
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 09:52 AM »
Has anyone called the takeaway he was working for to find out?

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 09:08 AM »
As the surgeon/consultant has given me the all clear(anything in moderation!),decided to do this for family,coupled with masala buttered chicken.The mushroom fried rice was really tasty,everyone wanted more,the buttered chicken,although bland,was tasty too. ::)
 Cheers Geoffbrick

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 02:04 PM »
This is a well deserved bump as it's the best mushroom pilau going! Been using it for years and never fails to impress...

I had a couple of mushrooms begging to be used up so thought I'd have a go at this. Verdict...bland, very bland.

I've never had it from a takeaway so no idea how it compares but just judged on the way it is I am not really impressed that much. It's palatable enough but eaten with curry I can't even tell it's there flavour wise. I thought the mushroom quantity a bit mean too and I used two fairly large ones.

Obviously the flavour depends to a large extent on the mushrooms and I used standard supermarket button mushrooms which I imagine are the same as the takeaways use as they're the cheapest and they don't exactly help matters much as they are pretty bland to start with.

I think if I made it again I'd up the spicing by 1/2 a teaspoon and use three mushrooms of a variety that actually has some flavour. I even felt it needed extra salt which is unusual for me. Also I wonder if a dash of mushroom ketchup wouldn't help it flavourwise.

©2024 Curry Recipes