Author Topic: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Masala  (Read 26803 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Masala
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 12:04 AM »
Brilliant String,

Pics are always good, videos are even better.  I'm so suprised how well this has turned out and just goes to show, what the hell do I know ;D

Cheers,

Ray :)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 04:32 AM »
String, that's great you were happy with the result. Welcome to the forum.

Anyone else try Dipuraja's CTM and base with his method?

-- Josh

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 07:00 AM »
I've got everything needed for a bash at this on Saturday. I'll marinate some chicken today in readiness.

Offline string28

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 10:12 PM »
Uploaded what ive done tonight.

Not very good with the edit of the video just trying to post it too fast i guess lol

Chicken tikka massala, Chicken tikka madras, Chicken tikka korma.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 10:58 PM »
String,

You're a legend mukka.

great video, even better tunes.  Me and the missus was up, dancing Bangra style to this mate ;D

All recipes Dipuraja?

Did you use the cold cook method or did you heat up the oil first, then add each ingredient individually?

Great post mate, keep up the good work!

Offline string28

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Hi Ray
Thanks my wife liked the music too she loved the curries tonight i also did a biryani to go with it, didnt film that or the mint sauce which was so good too.

The tikka massala was all from cold even the base tonight and it was really good and thick just like the take aways also made a cheeky chill tikka massala which was spicy but so nice.

The chicken madras i used hot oil and cooked the spices a bit first before adding the base. Again really nice but think i added too much chilli was very spicy lol but the taste was again smooth and not bitter.

The korma well this one really did get me i thought this would be the let down dish but i was wrong i really liked the korma and was better then my local take aways (the take away where i am put way too much coconut in there korma).
Really liked all the curries gonna try the others soon.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 11:44 PM »
Excellent String,

So I guess you'd recommend Dipuraja's recipes then having tried them first hand?

I'm totally gobsmacked as I really could not see these working out well.  Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and give one of these a go then?

Cheers string, excellent post, excellent feedback = excellent member :)

Well done mate,

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 08:13 PM »
I just finished eating this. I'm not usually a CTM fan but as I'm the only chilli-head in the family I thought I'd give it a go.

The results were pretty good. Everything including the base was as close to spec as possible. I think its the first curry I've cooked that my wife actually ate - and enjoyed.

The real star of the dish was the chicken tikka. I marinated it for 24 hours then BBQ'd it this morning. I added it cold to the curry to heat through. It would have made an awesome starter on its own. I couldn't resist eating a couple of chunks cold before adding them. The flavour was extraordinary (in a very good way).

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 08:54 PM »
You seem quite taken with his modern approach to cooking, will you be adopting this in the future? Its interesting and quite reassuring that members are starting to try his dishes and find that they are good.

I still have reservations over the amount of paste being used though.

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2010, 08:32 AM »
I know what you mean, it doesn't seem quite right using commercial paste from a jar. It's interesting to see that most of the pastes seem to be for catering use only. You can't buy kashmiri masala or kebab paste in the supermarkets. The fact they produce them in such large jars would suggest they are used professionally.

©2024 Curry Recipes