Author Topic: Hi, Im a newby!  (Read 7159 times)

Offline Chillibotty

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, Im a newby!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 05:11 PM »
The karachi was the first ever curry house I ever went to, top place.

Like I said about the Kashmir..........Attitude! ;D

The Kashmir probably keeps the morgue topped up!  ;D

Gaz

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 08:00 PM »
P.S. Does anyone know the psychology behind the love of hot Curries
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ( Is it a form of addiction as mentioned in medical journals ??)

Certainly do. It's both a psychological and a physical thing.
First, the Chemicals in the Chillie cause our body to produce stuff called Endorphins. These Endorphins give our body that kind of rush we feel when in fear or with excitement etc. Put that "Daily Sport" down Darth!

This can be likened to a rush like Heroin, Amphetamines, Cocaine, Nicotine etc without the Health Warnings.
This rush gives pleasure to our senses and the more we have the more the body starts to crave like it would for Nicotine for instance.
Have you ever felt that sort of buzz you get after a hot curry when you feel light headed and very contented?? That's Endorphin's.
After a few Vindaloo's you start to become mildly addicted and any period of time without will cause a withdrawal symptom like you get if you want a Ciggy.
A few days without a Chillie rush and you will be biting your nails to rush to your nearest Balti outlet with a tenner in your hand.
And as for you Darth I don't think there is a psychologist on the planet who can cure your Chillie addiction so I guess you will just have to learn to live with it!

But never mind.........what a way to go!!

Ray

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 08:36 PM »
That answers another question Ray .
When i eat a hot curry i Feel mildly drunk & get even sillier than i am now  :P :P.
 & i thought i was a side affect of the DARKSIDE... ;D

Got Curry for work tomorrow ( shoot up with Vindalloo !!) You should see the faces when i eat it at 6.30 am  ;D

DarTHpHAlL ( Curry kicking in !!) hic...

©2024 Curry Recipes