Author Topic: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Biriani  (Read 33925 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Biriani
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:44 AM »

To make biryani first you will need a wok,1cheff spoon vag oil warm the oil on wok,add half chopped onion gently fry,pinch of salt,half teaspoon of methi leaves,pinch flake almond,small handful of sultana,portion small chopped tikka pieces,now mix all together and fry for 2mins,now add 1tablespoon of mixed powder,cook for about 2mins,now add a portion of pilau rice(basmati rice)then mix well cook for another 2mins then garnish with corriander ...To make sauce you will need,1 cheff spoon of vag oil,pinch of salt,half teaspoon of blended garlic&ginger,pinch of methi leaves,half tablespoon of mixed powder,1tablespoon tomato puree,1cheff spoon of pre-cooked mix vagetable,3cheff spoon of base gravy,mix well cook for 4-5mins then garnish with corriander.

Dipuraja's Tikka Marinade here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4432.0
Dipuraja's Mixed Powder here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4354.0
Dipuraja's Base Gravy here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4375.0

How to make biryani and sauce

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Biriani
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 04:46 AM »
Interesting to note that he's now pre-heating the oil before cooking his dishes  :P

Interesting, too, that he says to "burn the spices when making the biriani"

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:57 AM »
CA,

Now this looks more like it to me method wise and I'd be happy to give this one a go.

I noticed the 'make sure that you burn the spices' comment.  I'm sure we are all experienced enough to know the you never, ever let the spices burn.  I think or at least hope, he meant let the spices 'cook'

Ray

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 04:10 PM »
CA,

It looks as though he has taken heed to your questions. A good thing indeed as we get a better insight into how he is cooking. The one thing I do like about the way he works, he's always wiping down and cleaning as he goes.

I'd go along with you Ray on the cooking of the spices, they certainly wern't in the pan long enough to burn.

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Hi

Starting to perform I see, this will give people more confidence in his work. Also his action to camera is becoming more relaxed, note the time as well, cooked are wrapped in less than six Min's. Me thinks he has a plan!

Regards

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 04:22 PM »
did u catch Dipuraja struggling for words on the coconut powder. i'm sure we've got him not knowing his powder from his fffflour.

i'm well up on biryani at the mo and this is just what i needed - the BIR version.

going to make this 1st (before the rest of Dipuraja's recipes).

the "burning" of the spice is very interesting. for me i could "would" easily burn it under such conditions (dry & hot). i also don't associate any special spice taste associated with biryani. looking fwd to this part of it in particular.

Offline lardman

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 06:20 PM »
Hes certainly more relaxed on camera now, far more reassuring.

Does anyone know what his pre-cooked vegetables consist of ? Im tempted to give this one a go.

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Dear me!

Have a go! Put yourself in front of a camera and have a go. Seriously try it, you'll be surprised how peed off your guests are when you serve them rubbish. Please also don't get to thinking that he's just being watched by CRO. I'm sure there are many Curry places and people in far off places that have no access to even the essential spices, let alone cook one.

Just because he heated the oil huh?
WOW!

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Mikka,

What's the point you're making mate ???

Ray :)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 01:25 PM »
I might give this one a go soon, it looks pretty good and I have most of the ingredients.

Saying that, it takes an awful long time to collect a whole chef spoonful of vag oil!

©2024 Curry Recipes