Author Topic: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Biriani  (Read 33792 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Biriani
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 10:08 AM »
may be of interest - had biryani in restaurant this week that was more along lines of persian. the key difference being the addition of small chopped pieces of fresh cucumber and tomato.

on the face of it does not sound brill - it worked a treat.

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Wow .. thanks Dipuraja !!

My wife and I have just made this and ate the lot ... it was delicious. Everything together was fantastic .. I was dubious about the almonds and sultanas but they made the dish. I had to make the tikka and pilau rice since the freezer was empty but if these were available frozen and defrosted during the day I reckon I could knock this up as Dip did in about 5 minutes .. great for during the week !!

Thanks again .. one to have again and again   :) 

Offline Smiley

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16 PM »
Just about to try Dipuraja's base gravy. Could someone confirm the onions are not fried but cooked as below:

Put all ingredients (apart from mix powder/spice mix and plum tomatoes) into saucepan, add water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-35 minutes.

Cheers.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 04:28 PM »
Just about to try Dipuraja's base gravy. Could someone confirm the onions are not fried but cooked as below:

Put all ingredients (apart from mix powder/spice mix and plum tomatoes) into saucepan, add water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-35 minutes.

Cheers.
Exactly as the man himself says ;D.  As with many of the base gravies on here the onions are boiled in water, sometimes with a small quantity of oil.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Just made this. Took photos. Dipuraja is da man. ROCK ON SON.

Quality result. Cheers!

©2024 Curry Recipes