Author Topic: Alternative Sunday lunch  (Read 7696 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Sunday lunch
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 06:27 PM »
PandJ,

hahaha
Erk @ sprout bhajis! what a waste of nice spices, honestly those things are the spawn of satan, and they taste like earwax, go on try it you'll see!.

Have you tried these sprout bhaji's?  Must admit, I hate sprouts :(  There are just green balls of fart, as far as I'm concerned, and the smell of them turns my stomach, so does cabbage, which are big green balls of fart!!!

But, I would be tempted to try them as a bhaji.............just :-X

Ray :)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I guess sprouts are like marmite you either love them or hate them. The biggest problem with sprouts is that they are so often over cooked. That's when they go from a nice vegetable to a nasty and disgusting.

At home we tend to go the baby sprouts which are slightly sweeter, if a sprout can be sweeter. But we do enjoy them none the less.

I will try the sprout bhaji and report back.

Oh and while i'm at it i'll knock up some Yorkshire Puds with some Spice Mix thrown in for good measure.  ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 06:35 PM »
mmmm, spicy yorkies.  Now why does Domi spring to mind :P

Ray ;D ;D ;D

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 07:06 PM »
mmmm, spicy yorkies.  Now why does Domi spring to mind :P

Ray ;D ;D ;D

If you say it's because I'm a bit of a pudden I'm getting me whip out :o Sprouts and cabbages aren't the only things full of hot air it seems, Bez  ;) :P

Them spicy yorkshires do sound nice though...awaiting your recipe, Axe luv :D there might be something in this alternative sunday lunch lark after all :D

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 09:10 PM »
I tell ya what, it might make for an interesting toad in the hole. Might have to replace the regular sausage with a Seekh Kebab though.

...lol, it sounds disgusting! :D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Axe

I tell ya what, it might make for an interesting toad in the hole. Might have to replace the regular sausage with a Seekh Kebab though.

...lol, it sounds disgusting! :D

No it doesn't, it sounds awesome  ;D

Ray :)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35 AM »
Anyone brave enough to try it though?

Joking aside, we sometimes add chunks of Red Pepper and Red Onion to a toad-in-the-hole and it tastes great.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 03:55 PM »
I've been waiting for your test results, Axe ;) Since you brought up the idea I'd have thought you'd be giving it a go...or are ya too chicken? :P

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Domi, i'll put beef on the menu next Sunday to test a small batch of Yorkies. Not sure i'm brave enough to try the toad in the hole though.

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Spicy yorkies, could be good, going back to the sprouts ever tried them thinly sliced, spiced up and stir fried?
Spice some oil with mustard seeds (or use mustard oil) throw in some sliced onion and g/g paste, bung in the sliced brussels (or a mix of sprouts and green cabbage) a little spice mix and a pinch of nutmeg, stir fry for a few minutes until they wilt a bit, finish off with a slug of stock/water/thinned down base and a teaspoon of coconut powder, cook till tender, et viola, spicy stir fried sprouts, wonderful.

Regards
CoR

©2024 Curry Recipes