Author Topic: Work Chillies!  (Read 2289 times)

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Work Chillies!
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:22 PM »
Managed to get more than 2 varieties on the go in work this year, so far got Peters Penis (fnarr) Jalapeno, Ring Of Fire, Tongue Of Fire, Puasa Jwala, and a load of others just planted.

This is them in march:

And start of this month..

Some have even started flowering  ;D ;D

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Work Chillies!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Wow, you got them going early. Mine have only just gone in the ground. My office windowledge looked exactly like that last year until I eventually brought them home for the conservatory.

I've gone for Jalapenos for pizza topping, Pinnocchios Nose for general chilli use and Pusa Jwala for fresh green chillies. I grew Dorset Nagas last year which worked really well but weren't really practical. I could just about handle the heat but the taste just overpowered everything, they were really gross!

Where about in the country are you growing these? I'm surprised they are growing so well. Makes me wish I got mine in earlier.

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Hi yes we got them planted in Feb, a load of us are into them so we were quite eager to get some going in time for the start of summer  ;D

Growing them at RAF Valley on Anglesey, picked a nice warm room and it gets most of the sunlight during the day.

Took some more pictures today..

New 'uns

One of last years survivors on the left..

A gang of loons

And this weekends base..

::)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 08:55 AM »
Hi TN,

So are you in the RAF or do you just work at the base?  I'd hate to think that you'd spend all that time growing your chillies, then get posted somewhere else before they are ready :o  I would be devoed!!

Ray :)

Offline TyeNoodle

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:33 PM »
No mate just a civvie contactor.. staying put  ;D

Jalapenos have started flowering  ;D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes