Author Topic: Recipe measurements  (Read 13314 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe measurements
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Axe, 

I would work with chef's pinches, but I've got one hand bigger  than the other :P

Ray ;D

No comment. ;D

Joking aside, had a conversation about this today. Was saying that  having watched Rick Stein, his pinch is more like a teaspoon!

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Axe,

It's true, and I think I've made the comment before, when you hear a T.V chef say 1 tsp of this 'n' that, then proceeds to put in what looks like a shovel full, that's not really helpfull at all.

I know the topic is getting a bit fragmented but to bring it back on track, I think, when a member posts a recipe, it would be fair to say, if they really want people to experience their dish as intended, it would be a good idea to be accurate with the measurements, i;e, publish the measurement rules at the start of the recipe.

Maybe Admin (or someone else) could design a recipe template for members to post their recipes on.  Maybe set up with a conversion formulae to take away any ambiguity whatsoever?

Ray :)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 06:53 PM »

Does it really matter just so long as I keep the ratio of spices the same. Like when making a spice mix, if the ratio 2,1.5, 1, 1, 1 it doesn't matter what size spoon I use as long as I use the same spoon.

That's the way I do it ;D Like most chefs say, exact measures only matter for baking...as long as the ratio is the same it's all good to me :)

©2024 Curry Recipes