Author Topic: Razor's Curry Base  (Read 74437 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Razor's Curry Base
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 02:38 PM »
I have made your base more than once, the first time I did use BE's spicemix though I found on comparison between the two to be of very little significant difference in the final dish....Just to clear that up ;) though I did on the second run-through omit the capsicum in your base as for me personally I found the taste too strong in the first run-through

So, "just to clear that up then", the first time you made it "exactly" to spec, but used BE's spice mix, and the second time you made it "exactly" to spec but you omitted the capsicum?  Is this correct?  Any other changes you made Domi?  :P

And what about when you made Razor's base?  Did you make it "exactly" to spec?

And what about the madrases that you made?  Did you use my masala and spiced oil in my madras?  Or BE's spice mix and no spiced oil?

I don't really care about what you chose to do, Domi, provided that you're clear about it....luv....lol.... ;)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Must you pick fights in every thread, CA? As I have already said, the second time I used your base, I omitted only the capsicum. I shall not be replying to any other comments you make as your intention is plain to see.

I made razor's base exactly to spec. ::) and I stand by my observations and opinions on the base. ;D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 03:21 PM »
your intention is plain to see

Thank you Domi, my intention is to be clear about comments that you (and others) make about recipes...least they are misleading... :)

And you still haven't confirmed about the madras recipes have you?  :-\

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I thought the line "the second time I used your base I omitted only the capsicum" would suffice, CA...the answer is there, I believe, though you may not like it but there you go...Now kindly stop trying to pick fights. Your posts in this thread are only taking away from it, let Razor's base receive the replies it deserves without dragging the topic down further than you already have. :(

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I thought the line "the second time I used your base I omitted only the capsicum" would suffice, CA...the answer is there, I believe

Sorry, but it's still not clear to me how you cooked the madrases Domi?

You're not doing badly, for someone who says "I shall not be replying to any other comments you make"....though I DO appreciate your attempts (however feeble) to clarify your comments  ;)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 04:08 PM »
And here's my final reply to your comments in this thread, CA which are nothing but feeble attempts to pick unnecessary arguments (let's face it, you have neither the wit nor the intelligence to argue with me) and also I feel to detract from my statements regarding the quality of this base. Despite my already asking you to stop, you continue and I have a feeling you'll continue as long as you are able.... I'll ask again, please keep your sarcastic comments out of this thread and allow Razor's base to get the replies it deserves, whether you agree with them or not. I shall not be replying to you and so I hope you will take this as a sign that any comments made to or about me are not worth your time in posting as they only serve to further bad feeling.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 04:16 PM »
God, you're verbose Domi!

So what are the answers to my perfectly valid questions then...errr....luv...lol?  ::)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 05:01 PM »
Hi Domi,

Thanks ever so much for trying my base.  I think you have given it a very fair critique and overall, seems like you enjoyed it with your madras.

It DOES release a bit of oil during the final dish stage, which for me is great, as I do spoon off, and use on mi next curry.  Not quite sure why the base holds onto the oil, maybe it needs more simmering after blending, don't know?

As for trying it as a one pot base, maybe it can be done this way, but, because I use tin tomatoes, I'm always worried about if they are bitter.  Doing this way, at least I can control the sweetness/bitterness before I add it to the rest of the base.

Overall, I'm well chuffed with an 8 out of 10 ;D and I don't mind Admins just edging mine, as his was a real Bradford BIR base I think?

I will try to work on a spice blend now to compliment this base, and I've already got a few ideas. 8)

Once again Dom, thankyou so much for giving it a go.  I don't mind telling you, I was absolutely shittin it, in case you hated it lol

Ray ;D ;D

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 05:12 PM »
We enjoyed it so much we're having another madras with it for tea tonight lol I thought it'd be up our street just looking at the recipe - I know some aren't keen on tomato in their bases but I prefer it personally. I'll still be doing the pathia on Friday (got folks coming over ;D) so I'll give you their opinions too ;)

I've never had bitterness with the tomatoes though, maybe I've just been lucky? ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Hi Domi,

How did your curry night go?  Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Ray :)

©2024 Curry Recipes