Author Topic: LIDL curry bargains  (Read 54016 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: LIDL curry bargains
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Dom,

I'd be well chuffed if you gave mine a go and enjoyed it.

David Bellamy pmsfl, a legend in his own cabbage patch.

Ray :)

Offline michaelpratt

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2010, 10:39 PM »
OK. We need a nonsense chat thread. And LIDL is getting way too much publicity by being the headline. This is getting silly. And Morrisons have the best BIR-too-lazy-to-make-cook-chilled curries.

Go and buy them if you can't be arsed to make your own.

(I have shares in Morrisons. Eat away!)

Mike

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2010, 12:42 AM »
I cannot believe that after a couple of days away from this website, Lidl Curries are still the headline on here...........

What has happened to this site???? :(

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Which recipe did you try it with SS? It's the mutts for me for madras and vindaloo

I tried it with both of those Domi to my own recipes, which aren't that far from any standard madras or vindaloo recipes. It wasn't that it gave a bad result, it was just that I was expecting a more noticeable change from using my standard base and I didn't get it.

To be honest unless you go to extremes, the ashoka base for example, I don't find that much difference between most of the bases on this site and if you look at their contents, perhaps that's not so surprising!

our little lad has Noonan's syndrome

Sorry to hear that Domi, I can see how that would seriously eat into your free time. Actually I misread it when I first scanned your post. I thought it said Noon's syndrome and I thought what's that then, a condition whereby you set up a massive manufacturing base for supermarket curries?! Well if you're going to have a condition that wouldn't be a bad one to have would it?!   ;D

I look more like David Bellamy TBH

Oh come on Domi! you've got far more facial hair than Mr Bellamy!   ;)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2010, 11:17 AM »
I cannot believe that after a couple of days away from this website, Lidl Curries are still the headline on here...........

What has happened to this site???? :(

I don't see any posts from you taking us in new directions 976bar!   ::)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2010, 11:20 AM »
OK. We need a nonsense chat thread. And LIDL is getting way too much publicity by being the headline. This is getting silly. And Morrisons have the best BIR-too-lazy-to-make-cook-chilled curries.

Go and buy them if you can't be arsed to make your own.

(I have shares in Morrisons. Eat away!)

Mike

Pratt - I hope you're not blaming me, even indirectly for flagging up bargain food. It's not my fault that the past few pages have drifted over to general chat about bases and things. The past few pages have been nothing to do with Lidl curries and, to that extent, are completely off-topic.

Offline hk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2010, 01:40 AM »
Its all been said before in 2005 http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=408.msg3710#msg3710

Also started by george, he really must have shares in lidl lmfao

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2010, 08:24 AM »
Its all been said before in 2005 http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=408.msg3710#msg3710
Also started by george, he really must have shares in lidl lmfao

I don't think it's possible to buy shares in Lidl but, even if you can, my only link is as a satisfied customer. As it happens, I don't think the frozen korma is quite as good these days. Perhaps they changed the recipe. Has anyone tried any of the curries suggested at the start of this thread?

HK - it's not a very good start you've made is it? Normally I might say 'welcome' but not for you. You have only two posts at present and this post of yours is sneering and adds nothing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:38 AM by George »

Offline hk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2010, 10:52 AM »
lol  youve got to admit that its a bit bloody weird that you havent progressed from promoting friggin lidl chilled curries in 5 years on the forum you cant really claim that thats adding much can you roflmao  ;D

you need to take a chill pill matey ive been watching all the disruption youve been causing and it isnt very pretty

©2024 Curry Recipes