Author Topic: 11,859 members - where are they?  (Read 21213 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 11,859 members - where are they?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2010, 11:00 AM »
You know what surprises me most about this topic is the fact that I keep coming back to read the new replies, even though I know i'm going to say to myself "why did I bother"!

Surely there are better things to be doing than bickering over whether a non existent Admin is going to bother trawling through the nonsense posted here all about a number that is relatively meaningless, only to ignore it in the end?

Come on guys and gals, if you want to score points go and play tennis or something. :-\

EDIT: Sorry Ray, we posted at the same time.

Offline string28

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Just because ive made 54 post does that make me less of a member?
What we gonna start making it now that you cant make a point unless youve made 1000 posts george?
Again i think you forget and a few others what the forum is about.
The someone else you think i am george wouldnt be cory ander would it by any chance?
I think we need to have an obsession about bir recpies not on members of the forum.
Ive been a member a few years now and never seen the attacking of people like i have over the last few weeks.
Thought i would just make a point george.
My point missed again i see.
Hey domi simple the owner of the site will choose simple.
Now maybe we can get back to what the forum is about.
What you think domi?

You've only got 54 posts - nothing wrong with that per se -  but you come over as sounding like someone who's been around here for a long time, with lots of involvement. You're not a person with two parallel memberships, posting under two IDs are you? There are aspects of your style which remind me of someone else. Sorry if I'm wrong but I'm just a bit suspicious.

Offline string28

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Good post m8
C'mon guys,

Can we just leave this topic now, it's gonna turn ugly if were not careful.  I'm sure if we would have had an active moderator, this thread would have been locked by now so it's up to us to self moderate.

It makes no odds to anyone, who is active here, how many members the forum has does it?  What difference does it make?  As long as the members that are active continue to contribute to the forum, no problem.

I don't know if anyone realises, but I joined the forum back in 2007, and remained very inactive for almost 3 years, (that meaning, didn't make any post's)  Now, I'm confident in my opinion, cooking, knowledge and enthusiasm to be a regular poster.  Now, if I would have been removed as a member, say, in 2008 because of a period of inactivity, I may have never returned!

Everyones entitled to their opinion but please, lets end it now before it turns into another "forum moderator" type thread, which I might add, made for some pretty painful reading.

As my little 6 yr old say's when I'm goin on one  'Put your beans in the fridge, and chill' ;)

Ray :)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2010, 11:16 AM »
You know what surprises me most about this topic is the fact that I keep coming back to read the new replies, even though I know i'm going to say to myself "why did I bother"!

Surely there are better things to be doing than bickering over whether a non existent Admin is going to bother trawling through the nonsense posted here all about a number that is relatively meaningless, only to ignore it in the end?

Come on guys and gals, if you want to score points go and play tennis or something. :-\

EDIT: Sorry Ray, we posted at the same time.

C'mon guys,

Can we just leave this topic now, it's gonna turn ugly if were not careful.  I'm sure if we would have had an active moderator, this thread would have been locked by now so it's up to us to self moderate.

It makes no odds to anyone, who is active here, how many members the forum has does it?  What difference does it make?  As long as the members that are active continue to contribute to the forum, no problem.

I don't know if anyone realises, but I joined the forum back in 2007, and remained very inactive for almost 3 years, (that meaning, didn't make any post's)  Now, I'm confident in my opinion, cooking, knowledge and enthusiasm to be a regular poster.  Now, if I would have been removed as a member, say, in 2008 because of a period of inactivity, I may have never returned!

Everyones entitled to their opinion but please, lets end it now before it turns into another "forum moderator" type thread, which I might add, made for some pretty painful reading.

As my little 6 yr old say's when I'm goin on one  'Put your beans in the fridge, and chill' ;)

Ray :)

Hear Hear! ;D

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Sorry peeps I was just joking. I think there is a sincere need for middle ground and I think Quality will always beat Quantity, at least in cooking.

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2010, 07:11 PM »
My guess is that they never existed

Where do you suppose they came from then?

I suggested a while back that it would be an idea to have a cull, down to the low hundreds of members who really do exist, even if most of them only log on two or three times a year

What difference will it make (apart from to free up some server space, maybe?)?

The difference it will make is it will stop the people who don't post from posting ::)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2010, 09:09 PM »
The difference it will make is it will stop the people who don't post from posting ::)

I think it was me who first mentioned the concept of a cull. I NEVER suggested knocking out people who don't post. I only suggest a cull of 'members' who never even log-in.

Has ANYONE suggested culling people who don't post? I hope not.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2010, 09:27 PM »
aye it was about members who signed up and have never logged in again, not those who log in and don't post....I think there's been some confusion about that fact ;)

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2010, 09:37 PM »
okies, lol, just thought whats the point and probably read it wrong.
 ;)

cheers

Will

©2024 Curry Recipes