Author Topic: Doughnuts!!  (Read 8123 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Doughnuts!!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 06:34 PM »
Domi they look lush!

But how do you stop the jam from squishing out from that hole when you bite into them? Actually thinking about it it wouldn't be a problem for me, they'd be in me gob in one!  ;D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 06:43 PM »
the "sugary lip" thing

mmmmmmmm sugary lips ;)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 07:23 PM »
LOL Bezzer ya old perve! :P :o

'Ere Satan, they're big buggers too - Yorkshire portions ;D I doubt you'd get one all in your mouth as big as it is :P I had 20 3 hours ago, now down to 11 ::) it's like blummen Bisto kids down our street :o they all look rabid from 20 yards away lol :-\ Mind you with my chocolate brownies they all look to have sh*t-eating grins..... ;D

Offline nai

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Nice looking doughnuts domi. The fryer has arrived now so I'll make some on saturday and post some piccies. Looking forward to it.  ;D

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Reading the repartee on a certain topic spurred me to ask a question Domi, have you ever tried a savoury filling?

I know it sounds completely bonkers, but with the likes of Chilli Jam and various other savoury jams and chutneys available, it might be worth a look at?

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 03:44 PM »
lol Nope Axe, never thought to to be frank ;D Though if you give it a go let me know the results. :P

Offline canicant

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 03:52 PM »
They look really tasty Domi and thanks for the recipe, will give these a go soon  :)

Rob.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 04:06 PM »
never thought to to be frank ;D

Who's Frank?  :P

I dunno if i'm gonna carry the torch for this one, I still haven't tried my Masala Yorkshire Pud's idea yet.

But i'll keep my an eye out for suitable filling's and if something jumps out, I might just try it for the laugh of it.

The wife is doing cheese n chive scones tomorrow, i'm already trying to blag half the dough to turn 'em into something spicy.  ;D

Offline nai

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Just in the process of making these right now. You were right about the amount of flour needed. Had to use considerably more than recipe stated. Looking good so far, just waiting for dough to double and rummaging around for a bottle top to cut some holes.  ;D

Offline nai

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Thanks Domi, I made about 23 doughnuts with this recipe and they went down a storm with the kids...so much so that the last 5 doughnuts have just been snatched from the plate.  ;D  They tasted a little 'yeasty' to me, so I've probably not given the dough enough time to rise (or maybe didn't knead for long enough). All in all a riproaring success.

Thanks again   ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes