Author Topic: Doughnuts!!  (Read 8129 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Doughnuts!!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Glad you liked 'em nai :) I'm going to have a go at a none-yeast recipe next time out, I'll let you know if it's any good ;D

23 gone so soon? :o how many kids have you got? LOL!

Offline nai

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 11:18 AM »
4 kids, domi  :-X  My partner's vegan so I'm on a dairy-free doughnut mission today, using rice milk, soy butter, and soy flour as egg substitute.  :-\

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Good luck with that Nai ;) You never know, they might turn out better than the non-vegan variety :) I'm jealous of the 4 kids too, only managed to get one of our own. :)

Offline nai

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13 PM »
ahhhh, 1 kid! Blisss!!  ;D

The vegan doughnuts turned out the same. I only used 1 x 7g pack of yeast and slightly reduced the other ingredients. Used rice milk and soy butter, and mixed the yeast in with the milk (as opposed to water) and a little sugar and flour.

Top stuff! I really need to lay off the doughnuts for a while though, we've eaten 45 between us this weekend, lol  :o

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 09:44 PM »
Domi,

I'm jealous of the 4 kids too, only managed to get one of our own.

No need to be jealous chuck, I'll send you three of mine if you wish?  I'm keepin the little un though, coz he's got little hands and can always retrieve my loose cash that's fell down the back of the settee ;D

Ray :)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Nay if they're owt like you Bez, you can keep 'em! :P

ahhhh, 1 kid! Blisss!!  ;D

The vegan doughnuts turned out the same. I only used 1 x 7g pack of yeast and slightly reduced the other ingredients. Used rice milk and soy butter, and mixed the yeast in with the milk (as opposed to water) and a little sugar and flour.

Top stuff! I really need to lay off the doughnuts for a while though, we've eaten 45 between us this weekend, lol  :o

lol we've got 2 kids but only one of them's ours ;) we nicked the other one nearly 11 year ago ;D 45 gone in a few days? I'll send you my two and they'll help the ratio a bit ;D I swore I'm not making another lot for a few months or I'll have to buy a bigger car to get me jacksy in lol back to the fresh fruit salads for a week or two I reckon ;D though I've already promised to do a sticky toffee pud this week...'Ere, you've not got a treadmill I can borrow have you, nai? :P

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Nay if they're owt like you Bez, you can keep 'em!

Awww, litle Noel, Liam and Bonehead will be so dissapointed haha ;D

Ray ;D

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 10:40 PM »
crikey if they fight like they're namesakes you can definitely keep 'em! :o

©2024 Curry Recipes