Author Topic: freezing coriander  (Read 11205 times)

Offline michaelpratt

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: freezing coriander
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Will you two quit bitchin? I realise that freezing coriander is a vital topic, and that peace in the free world may rest finally on the green pepper content of a curry base, but I rather think plurality and decorum are required.

Now if Nick Clegg and David Cameron were to make a curry, THAT would be interesting

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Now if Nick Clegg and David Cameron were to make a curry, THAT would be interesting

pmsl MP! ;D But would it be a curry that the "nation deserves"? (their quote, not mine) :P

**EDIT** As long as we don't end up with another Edwina Curry....that'd be just too much to stomach :-X ;D

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 06:31 PM »

**EDIT** As long as we don't end up with another Edwina Curry....that'd be just too much to stomach :-X ;D

Touche! :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 11:09 PM »

That would be a "hung" curry then?

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 08:42 PM »
I had aready posted pics through the crO hosting thing but for some reason it was not having it when trying to post my latest.
Also posted through photobucket before and was told to use the crO image hosting.

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Funnily enough wouldn't we be classed as a Con-Dem-Nation now? ;)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Here we go.
I also use the water from when its defrosted and use that either in rice or put in the curry itself.
Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Here we go.
I also use the water from when its defrosted and use that either in rice or put in the curry itself.

That all sounds pretty crazy to me! You end up with coriander ice cubes. How can you finely chop a block of ice? I freeze my coriander my just shoving it in a sandwich bag. It tastes the same as the fresh stuff but on defrost the cells walls have burst and it melts into dark green leafy sludge (I wouldn't use it if I was going for my "A game").

Also I have no idea why you would want fresh coriander flavour in your rice, or what difference having coriander water in your main makes, rather than just straight coriander, which would surely taste the same without the trouble of accounting for extra water in an unneeded step.

Sorry to be so negative but I think that if you want to freeze fresh coriander, just freeze it. It's easy to break a chunk off and finely chop. I also see no value in the water.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 10:38 PM »
I have already tried the "just freeze it" method and its not very nice as you say it goes all mushy and have you never had coriander rice? It was just an idea that i hadnt tried before.
Jesus BB get off your high horse and chill out a bit.
I can understand why a few of members dont bother posting on here anymore.
Thanks and good bye.

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 11:06 PM »
Jesus BB get off your high horse and chill out a bit.
I can understand why a few of members dont bother posting on here anymore.
Thanks and good bye.

Unclefrank, sorry man! I'm not on a high horse, I don't consider myself to be any kind of amazing chef and did not mean to be condescending! I honestly just didn't see the advantage :-\

I would never deliberatley discourage anyone from contributing - I just thought that I could put my points forward and you could explain what it was about your method that was better. In hindsight I could have presented my point more politely but I was just thinking out loud.

I'm sorry for  coming across harshly.

©2024 Curry Recipes