Author Topic: freezing coriander  (Read 11386 times)

Offline billycat

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: freezing coriander
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 07:40 AM »
This place is really going to the dogs

All Bobby said is what i would agree with .........He wasnt on his high horse and for that mattert in the years i have seen his posts not months YEARS he is never condecending

get over it UF

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 12:47 PM »
The reason this place has gone to the dogs is because you cant post your own views on here without somebody having to say something that doesnt sit well with their view and its always the little "click" of people that come out of the woodwork and have to suck up to certain people.
I use to post on here all the time, but now it just seems a certain few dont agree with anything that anybody has to say. Its a forum about curry and the such, its peoples crazy ideas that have probably made most of the recipes on here.
This site used be a helpful and a joy to go on, but i have no idea what has gone wrong, think its the case of "i know it all" syndrome.
Well thats it sorry about posting my views.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Hi UF,

I can understand why you would want to freeze coriander.  It totally rags me having to throw half a bunch of the stuff away.

Basically UF, I chop it up, as I would if I was stirring into my curry from fresh, then I freeze in one of those plastic takeaway tubs.  Once it is frozen, take a fork and lightly scrape over the frozen coriander to loosen it all up.

I then just take a desertspoon of the frozen coriander and stir in my curry 1 min before it's cooked.

It comes out fantastic.  Obviously, it's no good as a garnish!

Just letting you know, you're not alone, lol ;D

Ray ;D

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 01:27 AM »
The reason this place has gone to the dogs is because you cant post your own views on here without somebody having to say something that doesnt sit well with their view and its always the little "click" of people that come out of the woodwork and have to suck up to certain people.
I use to post on here all the time, but now it just seems a certain few dont agree with anything that anybody has to say. Its a forum about curry and the such, its peoples crazy ideas that have probably made most of the recipes on here.
This site used be a helpful and a joy to go on, but i have no idea what has gone wrong, think its the case of "i know it all" syndrome.
Well thats it sorry about posting my views.

Well I don't know UF, I've apologised if I came across harshly in the thread as well as sending you a personal apology but see you're keen to post your views in the thread and not bother to even respond my PM which was written with the kindest intentions.

Can you explain what it is about my post which is incorrect? What are the benefits offered by your method over that freezing fresh coriander?

I'd also appreciate less of the "high horse" and "clique" nonsense. I've spent a great deal of time contributing photos, reviews etc. to this forum and have always remained impartial.

its always the little "click" of people that come out of the woodwork and have to suck up to certain people.

Rubbish. No individual member answers to anyone (unless you break the posting rules, or are a moderator)

I use to post on here all the time, but now it just seems a certain few dont agree with anything that anybody has to say.

Can't I query your methods without you getting upset?

Its a forum about curry and the such, its peoples crazy ideas that have probably made most of the recipes on here.

I would have said that it is members BIR encounters and first hand recipes and members with great cooking ability that has made the forum what it is, rather than "peoples crazy ideas". If crazy ideas did the job, I would have been knocking out top class curries for years! ;D

I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope it doesn't dissuade you from posting next time you freeze something in water.  :P

©2024 Curry Recipes