Author Topic: mustard  (Read 5637 times)

Offline remymartin

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: mustard
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 07:12 PM »
thanks for the info all i will try it in a vindaloo  ;D

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 08:38 AM »
Hi Blondie.
Thankyou for commenting on my supposed 99.9% Curry (you know,the one no-one`s tried yet), please do let me know how your`s came out & how close it is to your local Take-away.
I`ve  finished my second batch so i`ll be doing another 10 Curries ( this will bring total to 30+ absolutely excellent Curries to have been consumed by me mmmmm !!!!!!!!). ;D
For the first time I`am 100% confident that this new batch will be as good as the rest.
For those interested i will be addding a desertspoon of Turmeric to the second stage of the recipe.
Also i may be substituting the Curry powder or Chilli powder( experiment time muhahahahaaaaaa!!!!) for Ray`s Basaar mix as I'm sure it will add a positive something to my already bloody tasty Curry.

A question for everyone !!
Have any of you used several brands of extra hot Chilli powder & have you noticed the different flavor & smell from brand to brand, please let me know.

DARTH "THESE CURRIES ARE ALL MINE" PHALL  8) 

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Hi Darthy,

I wasn't refering to your 99.99% curries, just to the 99%ers who dismiss all but thier own ideas, which something you don't do.  You are always receptive to new ideas IMO.

The only reason I haven't tried your 99.9% curry is because it seems too complicated to be what the restaurants do to achieve pretty much the same thing, but I will try it one day just to see how close you may be.

Incidentally Darth, I e-mailed your local curry house blagging them that they had been recommended and I was coming down there on a visit.  I told them that I would be with someone who is vegetarian and could they guarantee that they use no meat or chicken stock in the production of the dishes.  They said that all thier vegetarian dishes contained no meat stock at all.

Cheers Darth,

Blondie

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 08:01 PM »
Same goes here, Darth
It's in a list of recipes I will try.
It's a two day recipe though, so I keep putting it off
When I try it, I will post
My original aim was to create an exact veg vindaloo as my takeaway
I now believe that the base isn't totally veg anyhow, so I guess any curry that tastes right would be a bulls eye

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Thank you for your kind replies( especially Blondie  ;), i do understand about those who heads are firmly up their own asses, but i think they do it for the warmth  ;D bit like a security blanket , glad you probed my local Blondie.( stop it !! probed is not a dirty word  ;D).
If you look at the recipe second stage it is a matter of minutes to create, its only the first stage ( base) thats about 3 hours long, but having said that my local told me the same as a few others have been told, the same about all those ingredients in the base mix.
Having said that some dishes produced by my local are complete horse s**t &  like most here i/we can cook a much more superior curry. But its not that is it ?
Its that particular flavor/smell we are all trying to create.( mine is more prominant when cold after Ive eaten it the container smells just right ??)

I have literally sat in the kitchen tasting mine then Bir etc..etc..picking out all the whole spices (what there is of them) & to be honest they i believe are only there for aesthetic reasons not for taste at all.
Pete go for it I'm sure you`ll not be disappointed ( well at least it will taste great if nothing else).It is after all a Vindalloo, just minus the Chicken & it will be what ever you want( break the rules, its the only way).
One more thing when i freeze my locals Vindalloo after 2 weeks in the freezer the taste/smell is gone completely & its inedible. My home made however has been good to eat after several weeks freezing.
Anyone got any ideas why ? this occurs, any certain ingredients that lose pungency after time ?
Let me know.

Always yours DARTH" the chirpy dark lord  ;D PHALL......

©2024 Curry Recipes