Author Topic: Paki recipes  (Read 6691 times)

Offline michaelpratt

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Paki recipes
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:51 PM »
http://www.pakirecipes.com/recipes/portal.php

That's what they call it. It would be culturally inappropriate for me to comment.
It would get my daughter suspended from year 1 for a start.

But she made great yorkshire puddings today, so tomorrow we make a pakirecipe and have fun with her pc teachers with the show and tell on Monday. Hope to be called off work in the afternoon!!!

That is what the site is called, what am I to do but laugh?

Some nice simple homestyle dishes at this site. The lamb jalfrezi reads and looks great -

http://www.pakirecipes.com/recipes/recipes.php?rid=37

Mike

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Paki recipes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:09 PM »
Hi
Will have a look when I'm on a real computer.
Regards

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:54 PM »
My best mate is a Pakistani (born and bred in Hudds) and always refers to herself as a Paki and proud ;D She can't bloody cook though - too busy with the chemical engineering :( but I do keep nagging her to get me some of her mum's recipes....I'll post 'em when she coughs up ;)

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Hahaha, unreal! I bet it's hosted by George Bush!

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 11:59 AM »
Hi
Domi my dear, your spending too long posting and not enough time nagging. Off the record, is she cute?

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:20 PM »
lol commis, she's not bad but sadly she's a devout muslim and devoted to her hubby :P She's very wealthy, extremely intelligent, funniest woman I've ever met but she's got a mouth like a Navvy ;D I keep trying to get her on the turn but she's having none of it :( so to answer your question, I would but she won't :( ???

I'll be piling on the pressure recipe-wise again this weekend and I'm going over to hers next weekend so if she doesn't come across before then I'll have her on the phone to her mam pen and paper in hand lol ;D

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Hi
Glad to hear that she is happy in her life, well the language is part of being from Hudd! Please follow on the recipe front. A lot of people still will not take on board the origin of BIR cooking.
Regards

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 12:55 PM »
A lot of people still will not take on board the origin of BIR cooking.

I have to agree...when it comes to starters and sides traditional home cooking beats the BIR hands down IMO. I would never pay for a BIR biryani after tasting a home-style recipe, there's a world of difference and I certainly wouldn't pay good money for the muck they chuck out in BIRs :o There's alot of reverse snobbery about :-\

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Hi

Domi, did you have any luck with getting hold of your friends mothers recipes please.

Regards

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Nah...my mate's turned into a gunner...gunner get them this week etc etc :( She's just gotten back from 3 week in deepest Thailand so when she's over her jetlag, I'll pile on the pressure once more....she's bloody useless! As soon as I get any, I'll post them...just don't hold your breath! lol

©2024 Curry Recipes