Author Topic: It's Barbie time!!  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
It's Barbie time!!
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:06 PM »
Well the grass is cut, me pool's cleaned, my bushes have been trimmed to almost Brazilian perfection :P Has anyone got some cracking barbie recipes to share? I don't care if it's salads, pickles, sauces, marinades or sweet stuff! I'm after some new recipes to try out while the sun's got its hat on lol ;D

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: It's Barbie time!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 04:45 PM »
Chicken Kebabs
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4474.0

Beef Kebabs
Good thick Rib-Eye cubed into good size chunks. Marinate in equal amounts of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Sprinkle with Maldon before cooking. Add Chestnut Mushrooms and slices of onion.

Lamb Kebabs
Neck fillet marinated the same as the beef above. Add green pepper and onion.

Rack of Ribs - Lamb
Make cuts between the bone from the skin down to about two thirds in. Mix 3 tablespoons of Honey with 1 tsp of Mustard powder and add a sprinkle of yeallow and black mustard seeds. Roughly chop 1 sprig of Rosemary and add to the honey. Smear the honey over the rack pushing it into the cuts. I Usually start this off wrapped in foil bone side down, to catch the juices and help cook it. Then remove from the foil and turn over to cook the skin side, basting with the saved juices in the foil every so often.

Tuna Steak
Marinate in Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.

Swordfish Steak
Marinate in Olive Oil and Lemon Juice.

Prawn Kebab
Marinate in Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Sugar and Chopped Red Chilli

Bunny Burgers
.75lb Rabbit Meat
.75lb Pork Belly
1 pack Paxo Sage & Onion
1 Finely Chopped Onion

Fry to soften onion and cool. Mince the Rabbit and Pork and mix. Crush the paxo to a fine crumb and mix with the meat and cooled onion. Form into burgers and cook several minutes a side.

Mum's Basic BBQ Sauce
Basic BBQ Sauce that my mum used to cover chicken and lamb chops in, just Worcestershire Sauce and Heinz Ketchup. I still enjoy this sometimes the easiest of things are just so much better.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 04:55 PM by Axe »

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Cheers Axe ;D Done most of them before though never tried the bunny burgers -can't get the bratz to eat bugs bunny yet but they are quite fond of Daffy duck :P especially with a bit of plum sauce :)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 01:17 PM »
The Chicken Shish are definitely worth a go, I always get happy faces with that one. The bunny burgers is also something I made up, the kids would never know and everyone else will enjoy them. There's no real secret to them, but the better the pork belly, the better the finished burger.

Something I can highly recommend is a rib of beef done on the BBQ. I got this from Ainsley and it simply requires the rib to be cooked on either side making sure to keep moving the rib during cooking, takes about 20 mins. If you like your beef rare or medium rare, you'll love this and the taste is something else.

Were you looking for something in particular?

Another dish that I always get praise for is stuffed peppers. Admittedly there is a little cheat but only as there is usually so much else to do. I have made this from scratch without the cheat and achieved similar results, anyway:

4 Sweet pointed Red Peppers
1 Aubergine
1 Large Onion
175g Deli Chorizo
1 Pck Tilda Pinto Bean & Chilli

Finely chop the onion and fry gently to soften. Slice the chorizo into thick slices and then dice, add to the onion to release their oil. Dice the aubergine and add to the pan to soak up the oil and soften. Add rice and stir through and remove from heat. Halve the peppers including the stalk and cut away the seeds and unwanted pith. Make eight squares of tin foil to wrap each pepper in. Place a pepper on the foil, bring the foil up around the outside of the pepper and fill the pepper with  heaped portion of the rice mix. Finish the remaining peppers evenly with the rice. Bring the foil over the top and fold to create a tight bag, leaving a little of the stalk showing. Cook on a medium BBQ for about 15 -20 mins or until the skin is starting to blacken.

©2024 Curry Recipes