Author Topic: jaflong base recipe  (Read 13064 times)

Offline adamski

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: jaflong base recipe
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 01:00 PM »
adamski

where do you live in dartford and what night did you order the curry

i am the person who made the jafflong videos but they are on a rival site (im not going to promote the site you probally already know) im afraid now i have made the vids unable to see on the kitchen streaming site so hope you enjoyed it while you had chance

sean

I live off Westhill by the boys grammer school. It was a Tuesday night I ordered the curry. It certainly looked nothing like the videos you took.

Offline seanryan

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 04:52 PM »
have you a date adamski im always behind the scene on a tuesday night i can find out what chef was on

sean

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Sean,

You have removed the video so why even bother?  It cannot be of any further interest to members of this forum.

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Hi Sean

Any chance you could make the videos available to us too? It would be a great help to the forum. I have watched a couple of your videos and they are great.

I'm sure you have noticed that this site is free for everyone and less commercial than the other one. We just want everyone to be able to cook great curries. We are also light years ahead of them on the Onion Bhaji front!!!

Thanks
Chris

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 11:33 AM »

Spend some time watching these folks you may well learn something rather than the constant arguing and other associated crap that is going on the forum.

good call matt, couldn't agree more

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Unfortunately the answer to my question above was no. I think he literally just joined here to let us know he had taken them off that site but that we could view them on 'the other' site for 8 quid.

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Out of interest, ddi anyone see the onion paste video? What was in it and how did they make it? Was it the blend and boil down for an hour method, or a fry method as per Razor?

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Unfortunately the answer to my question above was no. I think he literally just joined here to let us know he had taken them off that site but that we could view them on 'the other' site for 8 quid.

There's a surprise  ;D

Out of interest, ddi anyone see the onion paste video? What was in it and how did they make it? Was it the blend and boil down for an hour method, or a fry method as per Razor?

If it's like any of the other onion pastes that have been posted over the years your not missing much its just onions boiled to nothing with a few spices, waste of time.

Offline adamski

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 03:27 PM »
8 quid to watch them. Not worth it. I spent more than that for one of their curries and it was shit. Never again.

I know the guy that used to be a partner in the Jafflong, him and his father started it as a joint venture. They had some falling out and left to set up another place in town.

One of the waiters took over running the place.

Shame that someone is on these forums monitoring what goes on in order to protect some money making exploit/venture on another forum.

Sorry to Sean if that's not the case but it's how I see it.

Offline seanryan

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 05:43 PM »
to all concerned this will be my last post on the subject

actually i came on this site after being told someone had seen the videos and was slagging the place off about a order they made

2 partners took over the restaurant they also have an outlet in east london so it was one of the waiters

i have not promoted this rival site and will never do so but membership can be as cheap as

©2024 Curry Recipes