Author Topic: peshwari nan  (Read 12423 times)

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: peshwari nan
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:04 AM »
Hi CH

Cheers for the that ill be making some tomorrow but im going to knock up the filling today and get it in the fridge to firm up so i can work with it .

Jamie

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 03:26 PM »
Hi
Have finally got around to making this mix up and thanks to George and Abdul i have now cracked it the missing ingredient condensed milk i was trying to make it with water but you need the milk to bind it into a stiff paste
thanks

Jamie

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 04:33 PM »
The filling is definitely spot on from my experience :P, unlike my naan breads :'(.  More work to do in that area i think >:(

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Hi CH

Sorry it was you not george that posted the ingredients never check who posted it ,to be honest i don't really eat peshwaris the missus does but i do try some of hers and it is close as im gonna get, i had a bit of a mare wish my naan's today aswell thanks for the recipe

Jamie

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 06:59 PM »
Hi CH

Sorry it was you not george that posted the ingredients never check who posted it ,to be honest i don't really eat peshwaris the missus does but i do try some of hers and it is close as im gonna get, i had a bit of a mare wish my naan's today aswell thanks for the recipe

Jamie
I know all about mares and naan, separated and with the two combined ;).  Don't thank me, the recipe is totally down to Abdul and his generosity.  Glad the Mrs is happy.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 08:12 PM »
I must have a go at this at the weekend.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Hi Jamieb.  Here's what Abdul recommended.  Let us know how you got on.  I'm going to give this a go in the week :D

EDIT - Recipe amended since Abdul has clarified that it is condensed milk that is used not evaporated milk (carnation)

Hi Curryhell,

This is how I make the filling for Peshwari Naans. Just bare in mind that it is a recipe for just ONE naan.

Ingredients for the peshwari mixture

1 and half tsp of coconut powder
just under a tsp of almond powder
2 sultanas cut into small slices
Half tsp of Sugar
Condensed milk  2 to 3 tsp

Method

Mix thoroughly and make sure the mixture should not be runny.
Then put the mixture into the naan dough.
Then make the naan using the normal procedure.

Many thanks to Abdul for supplying the recipe and to curryhell for bringing it to my attention with the mention that condensed milk should be used. I think this is another recipe I can 'tick off' as being spot on what I was looking for in terms of a good BIR filling for Peshwari Naan. I tried it yesterday and it's very good indeed.

©2024 Curry Recipes