Author Topic: MSG  (Read 4682 times)

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: MSG
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Hi Carl, how do you get Psilocybin? I understand picking magic mushrooms is now a class A drug offence. They try to take all the fun out of life!

Paul

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I was a bit off topic then - regarding MSG I don't think it belongs in BIR food either.

Good for home made Chinese fried rice though.

Paul

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19 AM »
There is no doubt that some BIRs use it and like Jerry I know I have had it when I become very thirsty especially in the night. To be honest I always ask for my Chinese food to be cooked without it and it generally makes little or no difference to the taste but I sleep better. Even my initial efforts with the very salty Ashoka Bunjarra as per the recipe did me no harm but MSG always does. I am involved in the alternative Heath movement and MSG is one of the  foodstuffs we steer clear of just like other day to day things like margarine. All the very best recipes on here don't use it and I strongly recommend that since it's not necessary you avoid it where you can.Food for thought and MSG you want to think carefully about using other than sparingly, IMHO. PP

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I always ask for my Chinese food to be cooked without it and it generally makes little or no difference to the taste

I agree PP but others swear by it.  ???

I think you and I must be missing the umami taste-bud!

©2024 Curry Recipes