Author Topic: Roast beef  (Read 8442 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roast beef
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 09:48 AM »
You're obviously on the wrong forum then George!  :-\

Or I am...... :-\

Now you're getting the idea!  ;D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Now you're getting the idea!  ;D

::)  No doubt you think the forum is all about roast beef and Yorkshire pudding then SS?  ::)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 01:08 PM »
That's something completely different.

But this is a CURRY FORUM George!  Roast beef and Yorshire pudding are something "completely different"!  :-\

CA - I'm more and more convinced Domi was correct and you really are in a world of your own. I posted this topic in the section of the forum specifically intended for non-curry topics. I did nothing wrong and yet you've come in here to stir up trouble in yet another thread.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 01:10 PM »
I posted this topic in the section of the forum specifically intended for non-curry topics

George, go to another site focused on cooking beef!  :-\

Your post (and most of your recent posts) has nothing whatsoever to do with BIR curries!  So what and earth is this forum about!  Cooking BEEF ROAST! (or pizza, or doughnuts, etc)?  :-\

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Yes, chop it into small cubes, precook it according to some of the recipes on the forum, and turn it into a beef curry using some of the curry recipes on the forum!  ;)

That's something completely different. I'm not saying it's bad but it's different. If you went to a restaurant for Sunday lunch and ordererd roast beef, you wouldn't be very pleased if they delivered beef curry.

I agree about the myth of 'sealing' a joint but I'm sure it adds flavour so I'll try that, together with various surface coatings like mustard. Doesn't anyone use a completely different cooking method like microwave, pressure cooker, slow cooker, wrapping in foil, or placing in a covered dish with a little water?

Hi George ;)

Different joints require different cooking methods...as Razor posted, my mother-in-law always roasts her beef with water in the roasting tin but I think that's more to do with the joints she uses (or her way of making gravy lol) but again, she's far from a Delia Smith ;D I wouldn't cook a rib of beef in the same way that I'd cook brisket or vice versa. :) I wouldn't use a microwave for cooking beef at all....I like it nice and pink in the middle which I don't think you could achieve in a microwave but having said that, I've never tried it, someone else may think differently.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 01:56 PM »
I would have thought the microwave would give undesirable results in particular, tough meat.

Again I go back to the grain of the meat, if it looks tight it will require long cooking, if it is loose, it will take a higher heat and shorter cook whilst remaining tender.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 07:20 PM »
George, go to another site focused on cooking beef!  :-\
Your post (and most of your recent posts) has nothing whatsoever to do with BIR curries!  So what and earth is this forum about!  Cooking BEEF ROAST! (or pizza, or doughnuts,

For what it's worth, especially if Stew (Admin) is reading this, I'm now firmly of the view that you should be struck off as a member (together with your other presumed IDs) following your recent forced resignation or dismissal (I'm not sure which) as a moderator. You are nothing but a common trouble maker. This thread is in exactly the right place. If it wasn't for threads like these, then the forum might be even quieter. It's not replacing any discussions about BIR curries but is in addition. The forum is correctly focussed primarily on BIR cooking and this thread doesn't change that, even if you're not personally interested in a discussion about roast beef.

©2024 Curry Recipes