Author Topic: Kebab Group Test  (Read 11539 times)

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Kebab Group Test
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Okey dokey :)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 06:20 AM »
I don't see another 5 in there CA?

You're right Ray.  On closer inspection (sorry about that, I breezed through them before), some other recipes (i.e. Stefblacs) are chicken kebabs.  CurryDev seems to have posted two of the same recipe.  And Haldi's is a mixture of starters (including kebabs, but no kebab recipe, per se)

Vindaloo's recipe uses Bruce Edward's spice mix (he says so later in the thread).  So, apart from the 2 Stefblac chicken kebab recipes, Vindaloo's recipe seems to be the only other kebab recipe omitted from the test. 

The question remains though, how do/will you (i.e. the panel) decide on which recipes to test?  It will become far more difficult for things like curry bases, madras, etc.

I must say though, I'm really not comfortable with reviewing my own recipe. Would I underrate  them as to not come across as biased? or would I overrate them because I want people to try them?

I think it would be prudent for a tester not to comment on their own recipe; just do the others?

Anyway, this is the first test, so there is bound to be teething problems at the start but, hopefully, we can get them ironed out as we go along!

I agree, it should prove interesting to see how it develops....

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 07:30 AM »
Hi CA

If you have a look here - http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4715.0 and here http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4716.0 that should answer your question of which recipes are tried.

Regarding the cooking method, I decided that we could either spend another month debating the best way to do this, or I could just refrigerate and BBQ them all. I assume that no one would disagree that a BBQ is the best way to replicate the BIR coking method in the absence of a Tandoor.

If other reviewers want to cook as per the recipe then that's good too. The important bit is their comparison against the other recipes, not against other reviewers.

Ray - definitely review you own recipe too. I'm sure you will be your own harshest critic, but if you think it's the best then score it the highest.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Hi Chris, i do this on a regular basis with about 12 to 17 people, taste testing everything (on weekends mainly and my wednesday darts  night) that i do from Balti to Madras and the starters, plus the breads (naan breads are giving me hell, dont think my oven gets hot enough).
Then i go away and read the "views" of my friends and come to a kind of "best of" type chart with nearly every recipe recieving a "mark" from out of 120 if 12 people are taste testing and so on.
The comments can be quite different and sometimes the "reviews" can be near enough the same, very weird sometimes.
It also gives you a kind of proud feeling when these friends are telling the truth about your cooking and they actually like it (well sometimes any way ).

Offline Fi5H

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 08:04 PM »
well ive cooked and marked the kababs, it was the first time i ever cooked kababs and had fun doing them.. my presentation isn't good but it was just a taste test with me and the wife..

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 08:52 PM »
Fi5H,

Great work mate.  Have you posted your results to chriswg?  PM him and clarify the rating system if you wish to put your thought forward.

Absolutely bloody brilliant.

Ray ;D

Offline Fi5H

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 09:26 PM »
thanks razor, yea he sent me a pm i think i got the rating system correct and sent them to him.. btw good luck with yours.

Fish

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Hi Fi5H

btw good luck with yours.

:o :o :o oh no, what does that mean :o :o :o You've got me paraniod now hahahaha

Ray ;D

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 08:28 AM »
This is all GREAT. I think you are all doing a brilliant job Im really looking forward to seeing the results. So good to see something positive on the forum Keep up the good work lads  ;D

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Well done to both of you so far, excellent work. Hope to have mine done this weekend, all being well. :)

©2024 Curry Recipes