Author Topic: Chicken Pakora new  (Read 3629 times)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Pakora new
« on: June 21, 2010, 08:24 AM »

1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
quarter teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
half teaspoon of salt
tablespoon of cumin seeds
teaspoon of tumeric
2 cups of gram flour - sifted through a sieve

mix all the above ingredients and add a little water until you get a batter like consistency

now add farm foods frozen chicken tikka pieces and place in hot oil at 170 . take off after 5 mins . let rest for 1 min then back into the oil for 1 min at 190 .

this is really amazing - i tried it last night !

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Pakora new
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Hi Gazman,

Does it have to be frozen chicken tikka, or will fresh be ok?  What I mean is, if I use fresh tikka, will it overcook before the batter is done?

Ray :)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Hi ray fresh will b better , I tried normal breasts and it was ok , I then noticed I had tikka pieces from ff and tried that and was surprised how tasty it was , I will also b using fresh tikka wen I make again at weekend , u won't burn it , 5 mins at 170 then take off for 1 min , then 1 min at 190 or maybe even only 45 seconds , u will b very surprised at the outcome !

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Sorry forgot to say add 1 normal egg when mixing all the above !

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 09:57 AM »
Hi Gazman

Couple of questions I hope you don't mind.

I assume that the FF Chicken Tikka is already pre-cooked before being frozen, do you thaw it first before use? Also, when you tried the plain chicken breast, was this also pre-cooked before being used?

Personally, I think I would opt for plain chicken as freshly cooked tikka would get eaten as is. But if you have it frozen i the bag already I can see why you tried it. Have you tied this batter with vegetables? I have some left over cauliflower in the fridge, I might have to try this tonight.

:)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Hi axe the recipe was actually for veg pakora but i never had any veg hence why i used chicken , the ff tikka i think is precooked and frozen . i never defrosted it, temp was 170 and in it went , after 5 mins taken out , left to sit for a min then back in at 190 for 45 seconds , really nice , i was surpised by it - i tried normal chicken breast also but wasnt as nice , that why i would mix up chicken in tikka marinade and do it that way , u can let me know how you get on

Garry

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Hi Gazman

just tried this and it was great. 

I used some of my own chicken tikka http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5829.0

Next time tho I will probably increase the salt to 1 tsp, but all in all it was very nice

Cheers
Mick

©2024 Curry Recipes