Author Topic: BALTI KITCHEN - VIDEOS 1993  (Read 3260 times)

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
BALTI KITCHEN - VIDEOS 1993
« on: December 14, 2021, 09:58 AM »
Just came across a couple of old videos in my 'collection' Anyone else still have the two videos 1993 Balti Kitchen, revealing the secret techniques of Indian Restaurant cuisine and 1994 Revealing more secret techniques of Indian Restaurant cuisine.
How far we have all come with the 'outing' of all the present day chefs who decided to reveal all during the lock-down. I must take a look at these videos once more and compare them to the present day selection and compare.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: BALTI KITCHEN - VIDEOS 1993
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 11:34 AM »
Sadly not, 4E — any chance that you could upload them to (e.g.,) Vimeo, or otherwise make them available ?
--
** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 07:35 PM »
Just came across a couple of old videos in my 'collection' Anyone else still have the two videos 1993 Balti Kitchen, revealing the secret techniques of Indian Restaurant cuisine and 1994 Revealing more secret techniques of Indian Restaurant cuisine.

By amazing coincidence, I came across these in digitised format on a hard disc one or two days before you mentioned it here. I watched the start of one, and it looks so dated.  I doubt if there's a single nugget of worthwhile knowledge throughout the entire programme.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 01:33 PM »
Here's a screen shot of their base sauce.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 02:17 PM »
If you can send me the VOBs, George, I can make them available online.
--
** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 03:43 PM »
If you can send me the VOBs, George, I can make them available online.

I just sent you a message.

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 09:01 AM »
Phil, I haven't a clue what VOB's are but was going to say that over the Christmas period I would try to play them writing the recipes manually down and if worth-while post them on here but sounds as though you 'whizz-kids' have a better way, I hope so.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 09:34 AM »
VOBs are the internal files in which DVDs store their video content, and can be played, even in isolation (i.e., without the accompanying index files, etc) in players such as Videolan's "VLC".  But George has the full content, so he will try to transfer it to me, and I will make it available to fellow CR0 members (I have a 2TB Dropbox account).
--
** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 10:01 AM »
Corrupted VOBs. Those were the days.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 11:48 AM »
I just sent a further message to Phil saying I have changed my mind. Thanks to him mentioning the voc player, I downloaded that, and can now see the DVD as it should be. But the greatest problem is copyright infringement. The VHS tapes are available on amazon between about £8 and £25 each. The risk of it coming back to haunt me is too great. I bought the VHS tapes a long time ago and at quite a low cost. I converted them to DVD for my own use. It's probably not allowed but I regard the risk as quite low. Uploading for all and sundry here is a different matter.

©2024 Curry Recipes