Author Topic: New state, new city, new search for Indian restaurants  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
New state, new city, new search for Indian restaurants
« on: January 14, 2022, 12:07 AM »
I recently moved 800 miles or so from North Carolina to Illinois and priority had to be given to finding Indian restaurants.  First on the list is Taste of Himalayas. A Nepalese restaurant that does serve all the usual dishes along with some Nepali dishes we will try out.  I’ve been here a week, so last night was the first takeout order.

https://tasteofhimalayas.com/

Veg samosa: very tasty, nothing out of the ordinary, just lovely deep fried goodness

Keema samosa : same.  Delicious

Chicken momo: a Nepali dumpling, much like Chinese pot stickers, served with Achar and the missis loved them

Khasi ko Bhutuwa: another Nepali appetizer, fried goat meat with peppers. Spicy and delicious

Chicken Biryani: flavorful, lots of whole spices.  Not up to the dishes I’ve had in Hyderabad, but then nothing could be

And finally, the inevitable chicken vindaloo.  This dish was a lot darker in colour than the dish I’ve lived for the past 30 years or so. Looked a bit evil, intimidating even.  But was hot enough, tasty enough, and put me more in mind of a Chettinad rather than vindaloo.

Good quality food, no that cheap, but will definitely be exploring their menu and trying dine in options when some form of normality returns.  Their thali dishes look very inviting.

Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes