Author Topic: Spice Grinder  (Read 1696 times)

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Spice Grinder
« on: March 12, 2022, 06:32 AM »
During lockdown a friend who runs a catering business gifted me a new Waring WSG30K Spice Grinder.
It has proven to be a worthy piece of kit that is used on a regular basis. It grinds spices extremely finely and is a noticeable improvement over my trusted Wahl James Martin coffee grinder.
It has 3 cups so doesn’t need washing out after every use, and during a curryfest one of the cups will contain a small quantity of freshly ground cumin and another freshly ground coriander.
The only downside is it only processes dry ingredients whereas the WSG60 can process wet and dry to make curry pastes.
The WSG60 would have been a welcome addition when recently making Meera Sodahs Pork Cheek Vindaloo, the whole spices for this dish are cooked in oil before vinegar is added and ground to a paste. I had to revert to my pestle and mortar and a lot of elbow work.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Spice Grinder
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 12:12 PM »
Via Amazon, circa £250.  Nisbets are remaindering them for circa £130 + VAT.
--
** Phil.

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 04:01 PM »
Via Amazon, circa £250.  Nisbets are remaindering them for circa £130 + VAT.
--
** Phil.

I hope I didn’t sound like I was whinging when comparing the two, considering it was a gift.

T63

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 05:53 PM »
Not to me you didn't, T63 — just wanted to warn readers that Amazon's price is unnecessarily high ...

©2024 Curry Recipes