Author Topic: Hold on a minute, why didn’t I think of that?  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hold on a minute, why didn’t I think of that?
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 02:44 PM »
that excellent book site linked in this forum recently.  What a site that is.

Robbo

Could you please remind me of the URL, Robbo, or perhaps link to the thread in question ?  For once, the site's normally reliable "search" functionality is letting me down.
--
** Phil.

Hi all, FYI it's a pirate site and infringing just about every globally-adhered to copyright law going. That's why the links have disappeared (and will continue to do so). Sorry about that; but site rules 3 & 9 most closely apply, out of an abundance of caution. Feel free to take up with senior management of course. —Onions.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 06:23 PM »
That would explain why my previous posts relating to the Link were removed, however can someone please explain to me, why we have a dedicated category entitled ( Ebooks, Recipes and Software etc )
whereby users are encouraged to benefit from the links within relating to ebook sites, whilst a Similar suggested site within my post was removed and deemed inappropriate.

Regard pap rika

that excellent book site linked in this forum recently.  What a site that is.

Robbo

Could you please remind me of the URL, Robbo, or perhaps link to the thread in question ?  For once, the site's normally reliable "search" functionality is letting me down.
--
** Phil.

Hi all, FYI it's a pirate site and infringing just about every globally-adhered to copyright law going. That's why the links have disappeared (and will continue to do so). Sorry about that; but site rules 3 & 9 most closely apply, out of an abundance of caution. Feel free to take up with senior management of course. —Onions.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 07:48 PM »
Thank you Pap rika, for drawing my attention to that portion of the site  :) I'll begin mopping up in aisle 5 immediately. On a more serious note, I assumed that was members swapping their own ebooks, warez and links to purchasable goods (Amazon, etc).

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 10:22 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply onions.
    However given that you hold the position of Administrator I find it astonishing that you are unaware of the contents of the category ( Ebooks Recipes and Software etc. ) A category that has apparently been in existence since Dec/24/2004, some18 years, if not longer.
  It clearly provides a means whereby members can and do source / seek provision of ebooks, links to ebook sites, and in some cases provision of copyrighted books enmasse,
 I might add that I find it contradictory that you find it acceptable that warez was being swapped, whilst objecting to ebook links, many being sourced from warez sites.
 May I further draw your attention to the fact that Phil, whom I believe holds, or has Held the role of Administrator voiced no objection to the post, on the contrary he sought clarification of its URL.
  It may be of further assistance to note that the first ebook link available within the afore mentioned category was posted on the date above by Yousef. Whom I am led to believe is the owner of the site, so one needs to ask, double standards or an overzealous knee jerk reaction,

Kind regards pap rika

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 11:10 AM »
Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread since Pap Rika kindly re-posted the link to the book-sharing site.  Just a few clarifications from my perspective — neither Onions nor I are (or ever have been) Administrators for this site; I have been, and Onions currently is, a Global Moderator.  Admin is currently Yousef.  The post "Jamie Oliver E-Book New (Started by Yousef)" was, of course, not started by Yousef at all — it was (probably) started by Stew, but because of a weakness in the site infrastructure, posts made by "Admin" reflect the current Admin's name, not the name of the Admin at the time of posting. 

As regards items 3 & 9 of the Terms and Conditions, links to copyright material are possibly in breach thereof, but whether or not such links should be removed is a matter for Yousef and Onions — I would personally have left them in place, but Onions clearly felt otherwise.
--
** Phil.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 01:49 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Phil, however regardless of the titles held, or who was first to post in the Category concerned, the fact still remains, it was and is still used extensively for the purpose for which it was created, the sourcing and availability of ebooks/software etc. To include users such as yourself, Yousef and many others, myself included.
 We clearly have a different of opinion among the upper echelons of the forum past and present regarding the interpretation of forum rules and I applaud your honesty and stance relating to your decision in this matter had you held a title.
 So the simple matter is, it's a link, is it illegal to provide this Link, apparently not as with all links it's freely available on the W.W.W. what you then do with it is your own personal choice.
  is it acceptable to provide this link within the forum, It would appear its acceptablity is dependant on who holds title at the time of posting. their lies the dilemma, a dilemma which I for one would welcome clarification given we have a time honoured didicated category for such links

Kind regards pap rika.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022, 01:27 AM »
Let’s get back to curry chat.

Robbo

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2022, 11:15 AM »
Happy to do that, Robbo (I was genuinely inspired by "Latif's Inspired" traditional bhuna chicken yesterday, and will be tackling it in the near future) but before I do so it may be worth referring those interested in BIR e-books, etc., to the Wikipedia article on the "Z-Library".  Had I known of this most informative entry at the time, I would have not have needed to ask Pap Rika to re-post his link.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2022, 04:53 PM »
I respectfully disagree, Pap rika — Wikipedia is a 100% bona fide site, to which respectable sites all over the world link.  There can be no possible objection to a link to a Wikipedia article from this site.  If readers of this forum follow the link that I provided, and then follow further links from Wikipedia, that would be entirely at their discretion, and no possible blame can be levelled at this site.  My EUR 0,02.
--
** Phil.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2022, 06:46 PM »
 Excellent interpretation phil, funny my link came via Google, also a highly respected bona fide site.

Kind regards pap rika

©2024 Curry Recipes