Author Topic: ++++MDB’s Birmingham Balti Gravy 100% Clone Al Frash Balti Restaurant ++++  (Read 27079 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Unfortunately Al Frash is now long gone so...

Well I never had a balti from there so I wouldn't know the difference. But I'm tempted to try the base if only because of the mental amount of cassia in it. Are you sure you didn't drop a decimal point?

No The Cassia is the Key ingredient. It took me a long time to realise that my first Eureka moment a couple of months ago was down to accidentally overdosing the Kushi recipe with a massive piece of cassia. You could have made a canoe out of it lol.
Just trust me on this one

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Nice one Mick!  Like the sound of this recipe.  What is the Garam Masala you used?

Rob

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Nice one Mick!  Like the sound of this recipe.  What is the Garam Masala you used?

Rob

Hi Rob

It was East End I think - not home made

Thanks

Regards

Mick

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
Thanks Mick.  Made a batch of the gravy last night, to spec.  A rather wonderful aroma lingering in the kitchen this morning.  Balti Chicken planned for tonight.

Rob

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
Wow!  Didn't think I'd see the day.  The Birmingham Balti nailed.  10/10.  Depth of flavour is completely off the chart.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
I was thinking of making this and while perusing the ingredients I noticed that the base has no tomato and the curry has only a tiny amount of fresh tomato. Is that right as it's quite unusual?

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
I was thinking of making this and while perusing the ingredients I noticed that the base has no tomato and the curry has only a tiny amount of fresh tomato. Is that right as it's quite unusual?

There is 250 g of tomato in the base's spice mix.

Rob

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile

Rob

Ah yes, that well known spice ... tomato!

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile

Rob

Ah yes, that well known spice ... tomato!

Get on with it :)  It's top drawer balti.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 09:52 PM by Bengali Bob »

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Wow!  Didn't think I'd see the day.  The Birmingham Balti nailed.  10/10.  Depth of flavour is completely off the chart.

Thanks for giving it a try.  :like: :like:

Glad you enjoyed it  :pit:

Kind Regards

Mick

©2024 Curry Recipes