Author Topic: Latif's Inspired - Stoke On Trent  (Read 1075 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Latif's Inspired - Stoke On Trent
« on: July 31, 2022, 11:50 AM »
There is a youtube channel with the same name. The presenter seems well meaning and the recipes look interesting, not that I have tried any yet. So i decided to visit the restaurant itself. I am rating my experience as really bad due to a combination of two factors: (a) sky high prices, and (b) low quality food, taste wise, at least for the single dish I ordered, with pilau rice.

I would have added meat samosas as a starter but not at a cost of £5.50. I may also have ordered saag aloo but regarded the price of £7.50 as extortionate, for a side dish. So I settled for chicken dhansak. It lacked any of the rich flavours found at many BIRs. At least 75% of restaurants would serve a better dhansak, in my opinion.

Very disappointing. It confirms my guess that if a top notch BIR starts a youtube channel it could have potential if the people behind it know how to create fine flavours. But, the other way around, the chances are against it.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Latif's Inspired - Stoke On Trent
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 02:20 PM »
Crikey! £5.50 for a samosa starter.  You could get a whole bag of Humza samosas for around that!

Rob

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 04:29 PM »
Indeed, I went to another Indian restaurant on the same trip and was thinking their samosas were not as tasty as a bag of frozen samosas I bought from Asda. Either they buy in an inferior brand, or make their own with a very poor recipe. Indian restaurants have become too expensive for me to take too many chances. I need to be reasonably sure the food will taste good before committing to the expense.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 10:26 PM »
Crikey! £5.50 for a samosa starter.  You could get a whole bag of Humza samosas for around that!

Rob

Au $4.50 for a large meat or vegetable samosa over here, served with a mint / yogurt raita from the nearest T/A, so that's less than half of what you are being asked to pay.

©2024 Curry Recipes