Author Topic: Tandoori Lamb Chops, Balti Keema (Lamb) Saag  (Read 362 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Tandoori Lamb Chops, Balti Keema (Lamb) Saag
« on: July 31, 2022, 02:03 PM »
Tandoori Lamb Chops

Not bad taste-wise, but not one my best efforts.  Made 4 chops with 48 h marinade and cooked on a mini dispo barbecue.  Not enough charring though. Also lacked a little oomph in the chilli heat department. Considered these would not be displayed on the forum.  However, in a moment of inspiration, I have developed an entirely novel gourmet approach to improving the presentation of any dish.  I have called it, BIR Lid-Art.  Look at the little fire-breathing dragon I have made.  Just from squirts of crucials garlic mayo, sofra mango and encona reaper sauces.  Impressive!  Made the chops taste better too.  Takeaway chefs take note.   

Lamb mince pre-cook

Balti Keema Saag

Top notch.  Not had a keema this good in decades.  The last time was at a scruffy little restaurant in Leeds called Nafees.  Of legendary status.  Theirs was incredible and this is on par with it.  There was no such thing as balti curry in Leeds back then.  I recall Nafees called this dish mince & spinach.  I had to look the place up.  Long gone it seems.  What I found interesting was that many years before they closed down, the name of the restaurant was changed, to Balti King. 

So, for me, Mick's recipes doesn't just nail the Birmingham Balti Triangle.  Add Nafees to the list.  Along with Manchester's Rusholme, when it was at it's finest.

Rob     

©2024 Curry Recipes