Author Topic: Chef Din's Madras.  (Read 2404 times)

Offline stevepaul

• Chef
    • View Profile
Chef Din's Madras.
« on: August 27, 2022, 08:23 PM »
Hi Guys. Cranked out Chef Din's madras this afternoon. Made it pretty much as he did but I had no red pepper and had to substitute curry leaves instead of bay leaves because I was out of those too.

Cooked it slightly different to him though in order to save time and energy (electrical energy, not mine). Started it off in the deep pan from my pressure cooker until the onions and tomatoes had released all their water, then put the lid on without the need for extra water and gave it 25mins. Used high pressure on the cooker and the lowest stetting on my induction hob.

After 25mins the meat was beautifully tender and the onions had more or less disintegrated. Next I reduced the remaining water until there was just oil visible then added the spices and cooked those through followed by adding water to make the sauce. The end result was a very nice madras, then I asked myself my usual questions..."If I'd paid for it would I have had any complaints"  no. "Would I revisit the same establishment"  yes. Can't say fairer than that.

©2024 Curry Recipes