Author Topic: www.currynationuk.co.uk  (Read 10226 times)

Offline www.currynationuk.co.uk

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: www.currynationuk.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 01:02 PM »
hi solarsplace

we are certainly looking to offer these classes nationwide in the future.  the aim with curry nation uk is to go national, we are concentrated in manchester at the moment as this is our home city but we hope to offer the classes further afield as soon as possible.

I will make this a priority in the coming months

Im thinking the base sauce is a very important one that should definately be included and we can add some other classics

this site is great, theres so much passion for curry!!

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 01:11 PM »
Hi,

I live in Liverpool but would be prepared to travel to Manchester for a lesson or two if the course included a base sauce and madras recipe in a BIR style.

Cheers,

Paul.

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 01:26 PM »
thanks paul, you could always combine it with a night out!  ;D

ok, im defo looking to put the base sauce and madras on, any other suggestions welcome.  the madras at the place im going to be doing the lessons is to die for.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 01:34 PM »
thank you for your comments

the feedback we get from people like you is so important to what we are doing

whilst dilli is more geared towards the traditional, authentic aspect of indian cusine you may be pleased to hear that we are in the process of setting up another cookery class at another manchester restaurant which will teach you how to make classic BIR dishes like madras, vindaloo, jalfrezi etc

i have a meeting with the restaurant this evening to discuss which dishes are to be taught.

anyone any suggestions in this regard?

I think you'd have to include the Chicken Tikka Masala in there somewhere. :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Making a decent Naan has always eluded me

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 06:13 PM »
Hi CN,

manchester restaurant which will teach you how to make classic BIR dishes like madras, vindaloo, jalfrezi etc

This is more like it.  I'd would be really interested if you could set up something, that would be great.

I think most on this forum would agree, if we can learn all the classics, such as, Bhuna, Jal Frezi, Dhansak, Madras, Vindaloo, Korma, CTM, Dupiaza, then many of our members would be prepared to travel.

Hi,

I live in Liverpool but would be prepared to travel to Manchester for a lesson or two if the course included a base sauce and madras recipe in a BIR style.

Cheers,

Paul.

Not sure about letting scousers into our great city though ;)   Only jokin Paul mate ;D ;D

Ray ;D

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Hi Ray,

I lived and worked in Manchester years ago but managed to escape back home!

I would definitely go on one of these courses if it happens - might see you there.

Cheers,

Paul

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 04:27 PM »
Ok guys, the meeting went well last night so its looking like the lessons will roughly take the following shape to begin with:

3 hours long
3 dishes to 4 dishes which will probably be:

1.   Base sauce
2.   Madras
3.   Chicken tikka masala
4.   plus possibly a Jalfrezi

Can people who are interested in taking part in a cookery lesson or who may be interested in the future please email me at lee@currynationuk.co.uk asap with your name, address, email address and tel number and I will put your details on my database and I can begin to get an idea together for dates of classes and the number of people per class etc

Also if anybody has any further suggestions regarding the classes please let me know as I can still accommodate these wherever possible at this stage and I want you to get as much as you can out of them

Cheers

Lee

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Question

Will 3 hrs be long enough for yuor lesson to make a base sauce from scratch and then a madras from this ? it wont be this is how we make it and then heres one we prepared earlier ???

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Hi Gaz, im happy to be guided by you people on the length of class as you have much more experience of actually cooking dishes than i do as im still quaffing the curry straight from the takeaways!  Hoping my skills will be up to scratch soon though as i intend to attend the lessons myself!  ;D

would people like

a 3.5 hour lesson comprising, base sauce, madras, and chicken tikka massala

or

a 4 hour lesson with an extra dish added

im open to ideas on this as i want the lessons to be exactly as my customers want them.  I dont want the chefs cutting any corners.

©2024 Curry Recipes