Author Topic: Nan-e Barbari (Persian Flatbread)  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Nan-e Barbari (Persian Flatbread)
« on: September 24, 2022, 09:19 AM »
Walked past a newly opened Iranian food shop yesterday and the waft from their bakery drew me in.  Bread made with "regular" flour is a keto no-no, but I thought maybe I can get a mini naan, or something, just to have a look at it. :)

This is what I got:

Freshly baked.  Has to be over 3 feet long.  Very light and crispy, sprinkled with sesame and kalonji seeds.  I tried a small piece, brushed with butter ghee.  Divine!  Let the rest cool before popping it in the fridge.  Just about to cut it into 25-30 g (ish) portions, for deep freeze.  It should last me quite some time.  It cost £2.

Just had to make a curry last night.  So I could have another little piece of the bread.

Balti Lamb (Bhuna), underway

Rob     

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Nan-e Barbari (Persian Flatbread)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 10:21 AM »
Now that is what I call a flatbread !  You should take it to the Mulberry Tree near Marden, Kent, where the last time I went there the butter portion was so small that it would barely have covered a Smartie ...
--
** Phil.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 12:29 AM »
Wow that bread looks amazing. Puts me in mind of the first time I had dosa and it came out extending a foot over both sides of the plate. Delicious.

Robbo

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 11:55 AM »
Shame I'm off the flour. I'd love to give that a try, but then I wouldn't know where to look for one over here.

©2024 Curry Recipes