Author Topic: Masala Lamb Chops and Bombay Aloo  (Read 619 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Masala Lamb Chops and Bombay Aloo
« on: October 23, 2022, 10:40 AM »
These were marinated for 48 hours, cooked under the grill and served with Bombay Aloo and a fresh garden salad with Greek yogurt.  Needed nothing more.  The photo is the chops at the turn before a few extra minutes to finish them off.

The basis of the recipe is here but I made a few mods.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSPbgb9HYjM&list=WL&index=1.  I added a few things and grilled them instead of frying.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Masala Lamb Chops and Bombay Aloo
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Oh nice. We just picked up some lovely lamb chops. Will have to give that a try. Love along marinade…

Robbo

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Masala Lamb Chops and Bombay Aloo
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 09:46 PM »
They were very tasty. Not tandoori but lovely Indian spiced flavour. I cooked under the grill as we're experiencing awful weather again (still), but these would be brilliant on the BBQ.  I just put all of the marinade ingredients in the bullet blender and turned it into a paste, rather than grating and chopping.  I added a tsp of indian green sandwich relish / chutney which is mainly coriander, and 2 tbsp of yoghurt.  Everything else was as shown in the YouTube video.

Next time I'll consider using mint jelly in the marinating or at least with serving.

©2024 Curry Recipes