Author Topic: 1990's BIR Recipes coming soon.  (Read 613 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
1990's BIR Recipes coming soon.
« on: October 23, 2022, 10:12 PM »
The Bengali cook has put up a video yesterday, informing that he is preparing to upload a set of videos for 1990's BIR recipes.  The base gravy, preparing the chicken etc. Could be interesting.

https://youtu.be/y-6W0eHgAPQ

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: 1990's BIR Recipes coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 10:40 AM »
Two (or even three) decades too late, Livo ... It was the late 60's and early 70's that were the pinnacle of BIR — after that, things started going downhill ...

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 12:10 PM »
I don't think he's old enough to have been cooking 50 to 60 years ago. I'll still be interested to see if there are any significant differences to what we are currently presented with as the BIR method.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 10:02 PM »
Babul (The Bengali Cook) has uploaded the first of his 90's series which is showing how he used to pre-cook chicken before the modern-day shortcuts, which he attributes to economics of business and staffing issues.  It looks a very flavoursome method and (from memory) is not unlike Misty Ricardo's except he doesn't used a separately prepared spiced oil covering for storage, but he does start with quite a bit of oil in the recipe.  It's somewhat time consuming but I think the end result would be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5Jnp0Wzq0&t=7s

The Base Gravy you can see is the one he has already posted.  I've used it before, and I was quite pleased with it.

©2024 Curry Recipes