Author Topic: Co-op Chicken Tikka 350g  (Read 434 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Co-op Chicken Tikka 350g
« on: October 24, 2022, 12:23 PM »
For those who failed to spot it, the Co-op recently ran an Indian meal promotion, with two main courses, two side dishes, and 4 x 330ml Cobra beers, all for the princely sum of just £8-00.  Quite superb value, really, and clearly a loss-leader.  As I had food in the 'fridge which needed eating up first, I was able to benefit from the advice of two friends/colleagues who went in for the same deal, which was that more chicken was needed.  I therefore cut and pre-cooked two free-range chicken breasts, and added these to the two main courses I had selected (Chicken rogan josh and chicken tikka).  Much to my surprise, it was the latter I preferred, although as it transpired it wasn't chicken tikka at all but rather chicken tikka masala.  As well as the additional chicken, I added liberal quantities of garlic-infused and chilli-infused rapeseed oils, plentiful fresh coriander (both during cooking and for presentation) and a coffee spoon of kala namak.  I just had a second portion for lunch today, served on a freshly cooked paratha, and it really was excellent.  I think that I may well be willing to pay full price for this dish in future, given the ease with which it can be enhanced to yield a really flavoursome and satisfying meal.
--
** Phil.

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op Chicken Tikka 350g
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 12:38 AM »
Can’t go wrong for 8 quid Phil. Get your freezer stocked.

Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes